993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Bay Area Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
360F1 is on a distinguished road
Bay Area Porsche Service

Hi Guys,

I have a 1996 C2 Cab with nearly 60K miles... so it's time for it's major service. I'm in the south bay (Cupertino) so my natural inclination is to bring the car to Steven's Creek Porsche, but I've heard their service department has had major turn-over and has dropped in quality.

I've searched this forum for other threads on the topic, but didn't find any so i'd appreciate recommendations (factory or independent) in the local area where I can have the 60K service done.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
For dealer, I'd go to Carlsen. Not the cheapest but job is always done right. Ask for Brian. Most people from SC went to Rector so they should be good as well.

For independent, check out Rennwerks. They are in Campbell now.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 PM
SuperVixen is on a distinguished road
I used to go to Carlsen(Peninsula), Rector (Peninsula), and Sonnen (Marin). Only place I wouldn't recommned is Rector, the wrecked one of my Boxsters there and have horrible customer service . Although Carlsen had one of my Boxsters for 3 weeks after bolts flew off my axles while driving. They never did give me an explanation as to why. Never had an issue with Sonnen, but that may be too far for you.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
If you want service in the east bay, Kahler's

Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Rennwerks

I've contacted the guys at Rennwerks... they're working up a price for the service now. I should know more shortly.

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know how it goes.

Frank

Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Took is on a distinguished road
Another suggestion for an Indy is RMG in sunnyvale. http://www.realmeangarage.com/

Old 04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Rmg

I did have someone else recommend RMG. Have you had direct experience with them? Rennwerks has a big rep... especially with the performance crowd. Thanks.

Frank

Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 PM
pastpob is on a distinguished road
Since you are in the south bay area, you need to take a look at Don's Autowerks in Campbell. http://donsautowerks.com/

Don provides outstanding service. I've used him twice now when he was first recommended to me a little over a year ago when I first bought my new to me 97 993. He was highly recommended by the bunch from Bay Area Rennlist and I couldn't be happier with his service. Don did the Pre-purchase Inspection for me and let me watch and learn about all the areas that he was looking at. He really spends the time to make sure that you understand your car.

Brought it in again for a minor service and again spent the time with me. Reasonable hourly rates and will only charge you for actual time spent.

The only drawback that I could find is that Don is not open on Saturdays. This is not that big of a deal since he will drive me back to work if needed.

Good luck.

BTW...the RMG was also recommended to me over a year ago when I was looking for a shop.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
KraZy007 will become famous soon enoughKraZy007 will become famous soon enough
How about in the east bay area? I'm in need of a shop that is familiar with 993's.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by KraZy007
How about in the east bay area? I'm in need of a shop that is familiar with 993's.
read my above post

Old 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM
BlackC2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KraZy007
Pacific Power Motorsports in Concord/Walnut Creek area.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
If you're in Cup, I'd try Modderman's in Mountain View. Even Carlsen recommends them for 'older' Porsche's (e.g. my 1988 930). David is a very experienced guy who does excellent and honest work. I've been completely satisfied (even though my beautiful low mileage 930 is now up for sale).