993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Another new owner introduction – me and the speedy yellow…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:30 PM
EVOSPEC is on a distinguished road
Another new owner introduction – me and the speedy yellow…

First of all, my name is Adrian from the Bay Area (NorCal). I thought I’d post up a formal introduction here. About a week or so ago I became a 993 C4S owner. After few months of searching, going back and forth, back and forth with this car and a plethora of questions here and the other forums I found the “ONE”. I am really EXCITED!

I’m sure you wanted to know more about the car, ok...now on with the car. The car is a 1997 C4S speed yellow with grey interior, carbon fiber package, euro spec. lowered suspension, motorsound package, xenon headlights, aero kit II, etc., etc., w/ 58k+ miles (although, it look like a 20K miles car) very very clean. Now on with the history two previous owners, the original owner was an ex-NFL kicker (whew! glad he wasn't a linebacker ) had the car for 5 years and the last owner had the car for a little over 5 years. The PPI with leakdown and compression test was done and passed with flying colors – Leakdown 1% across cylinders and Compression 217 – 215 – 215 – 219 – 215 – 215 (I think these are good numbers). The PPI was done at Tif’s Foreign Car Care Annapolis, MD. I hope to have some pics soon.

Also, wanted to acknowledge couple of folks here – Mark in Baltimore, for checking out the car and doing his mini-PPI version “Rennlist Check” (if you will). Barry and Patrick for hooking up carfax – I know! I know!...got it for free.

Now the hard part comes, waiting for the car to get to California - I really can’t wait and counting the days. The car has been loaded in the truck on Tues. 7/24 through De Moise Trucking (so far with good experience) – Bill DeMoise great guy to deal with.

At any rate, thank you ALL and can’t wait to share my experiences with ALL of you folks.

Cheers!
-Adrian

Old 07-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:54 PM
valmeida is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the six post some pictures. Lets see this beauty.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I will post some pics as soon as I get the car.

-A

Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I received a call from the driver today at DeMoise Trucking. He is dropping the car tomorrow Tues. at around 10ish am. Yipee! I can't damn wait. ...is it Tues. yet ...is it Tues. yet

Old 08-01-2007, 10:57 AM
JasonE30M3 is on a distinguished road
it's wednesday. Where are the pics.

Congrats. its takes a good amount of work to find the one you want but when you do it's worth it.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Drum roll...please...

The ol' familiar truck...

Can you say wide butt...

Here's Jason w/ DeMoise Trk-ing taking care of my baby...

Another SATISFIED customer of DeMoise Trk-ing. Bill DeMoise and Jason were absolutely amazing folks to deal with .

Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Miami M3 is on a distinguished road
^^^^

god that think is so damn beautiful

Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Thank you! Thank you!

I have yet to drive it. I can't take it out, cause I need temp tags....dang it!

Old 08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
QWKSLVRNSX is on a distinguished road
Adrian, you dawg, I knew you were up to something bigger and better! You kept so hush hush! I saw that 993 posted here too, that is a gorgeous combo. May be one day I will step up to the plate. Looks like your transporter was alot more pro than the fools I used, but the M3 did get here in one piece and w/o incident! Ironic how we both got our cars from the opposite coast. Gotta get some deep dishes for her. Let me know when you are done modding her and are ready to sell to me, LOL! Let me know how she drives. You should be able to print the temp plates from the DMV good for 3 days. Well done my friend, congrats!

-Eddie

Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard, beautiful car...enjoy it.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Enjoy!

(I would have been happy to drive it to CA for you....)

Old 08-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by QWKSLVRNSX
Adrian, you dawg, I knew you were up to something bigger and better! You kept so hush hush! I saw that 993 posted here too, that is a gorgeous combo. May be one day I will step up to the plate. Looks like your transporter was alot more pro than the fools I used, but the M3 did get here in one piece and w/o incident! Ironic how we both got our cars from the opposite coast. Gotta get some deep dishes for her. Let me know when you are done modding her and are ready to sell to me, LOL! Let me know how she drives. You should be able to print the temp plates from the DMV good for 3 days. Well done my friend, congrats!

-Eddie
Hey Eddie - WOW! what a small world. I did not know you browse this forum as well. I have been looking for a while even prior to selling the M3 to you. I had my eye on this SY 993 for a little over 3 mos. Then I decided not to look and decided not to buy. To make the long story short the PO dropped the price significantly and at that point I just couldn't fight it anymore. I just closed my eyes and pulled the trigger .

Good to hear from you and hope you're enjoying the M3. I honestly I still miss M3...I really do.

Take it easy!
-A

Old 08-09-2007, 07:12 AM
930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all
Wow...That is stunning!! Congrats on the new ride.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
FlyYellow will become famous soon enoughFlyYellow will become famous soon enough
i am a bit biased, but speed yellow rocks! I'm in the bay area as well, come out and play at the next PCA autox.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another new owner introduction – me and the speedy yellow…