996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any experience with Agency Power Adj. Blow Off Valve

Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 PM
awizrd is on a distinguished road
Talking Any experience with Agency Power Adj. Blow Off Valve

Can anyone shed and experiences with the Agency Power Adjustable BlowOff Valves? Sounds to me (no pun intended) like a better option than stock BOV's and also gives that "turbo sound"

Any thoughts?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:38 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
If you release part of the boost to the atmosphere (giving you that satisfying whooosh sound) instead of recycling won't it make you run rich?

Old 10-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
rich is better then lean... but it does not make that big of a difference on the air/fuel.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:39 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
that is meter'd air , it will make u run rich . u really cant vent to atmosphere with the bosch ecu. u would need something else and set it as blow through system.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
exactly, that is why this runs 50/50 so air does still get metered.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
tru BUT u are still loosingf some meter'd air, it will make it run a bit more rich.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
do you have an air fuel chart showing this?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:46 AM
no i dont but its pretty much common sence .i know from previous cars i have owned. and some of the top tuners i have talked to dont recomend them for a reason.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
I work off data, not common sense

Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Originally Posted by 996Choy
If you release part of the boost to the atmosphere (giving you that satisfying whooosh sound) instead of recycling won't it make you run rich?

I'm with Vivid, the system runs on variable data from a number of sensors. All else is by Design in limitations. Either Factory or Mods.

1. O2 (Pre-Cat)
2. O2 (Post-Cat)
3. Mass Air Sensor
4. Manifold Air Pressure
5. Engine Temperature
6. Knock Sensors
7. ECU Map

Basically the system is hanging on the ECU. It is updating 100 times a second. The fuel delivery is changed via the time cycle of the injector, the MAS is telling what the inlet charge density is. The MAP is telling what the boost pressure is (Lbs and Hour) at any given millisecond, and the O2 sensors are trying to hold the mixture on a stoichiometric mix of air and fuel. As air is dumped from the relief valves the pressure is reduced and so is the fuel delivery to the backside of the inlet valve.

If you are speaking of a rich condition generated because of the opening of the relief valve, and some amount of lag time in the system from sense to reaction, we are talking almost un-measurable amount. I would consider this noise level amount of data. Somewhere within the tolerance of the math model.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM
taizen is on a distinguished road
The BOV's open is when you let off on the gas, so if it run's rich, doesn't really matter cause you're not trying to accelerate. If it's during the shift, the ECU will compensate quicker than you can shift - or just power shift...

If you wanted the turbo sound of the BOV, just run one normally, and let the other BOV exit into the atmosphere. Just make sure you plug up the hole where it normally sit's. There you have it, 50/50 without spending any money.

Last edited by taizen; 10-08-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
awizrd is on a distinguished road
I've heard pro's and con's and thank everyone for their responses...I'm really looking for someone who has the system on their car to get their feedback.

Anyone?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
OK HERE IT IS..... I DO HAVE IT in my car... I got it from Dan @ vivid earlier this summer.... and as you might have seen(my videos) I AM not having troubles at all.... Ask ppl ive run against.... they will tell ya... I do have the other DV's and def better than the stock plastic crap.... but I really love the whooosh sound.... I do have to clean the tips of the exhaust a littel more than I care to... but its a small price to pay.... Does it run better than the dual Dv's.... Hmmm.... I think the (almn DV's) is probs a little more consistent.... if i HAD to say something about it.... But all in all.... IVE had my car tuned by Todd.... and he's made the car run absolutely awesome. I logged all data and sent to him....so now its all tailored perfectly... Im happy with service I got from Dan at Vivid....and Todd at Proto.... he's a freaking genious.....!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks D!

I believe Jags, Steven, and a couple other 6speeders run it too.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
I also have it. the only problems I have had is trying to get it adjusted to the right pressure, because there is no real measurments or exact science. Its not all that hard but it may take a couple times in and out (not hard after you do it once). I will say Dan walked me through the install, great customer service from him.

I think I could tighten mine down a little more to hold in a little more boost but over all works well.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Agency Power Adj. Blow Off Valve