996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

First Kill!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
First Kill!

In my M3,....but all my buddies (OK, and enemies, ) post in here so here we go:

As stated, got my first kill tonight (only second day of driving the car) in my new (to me) 564 rwhp M3. Info on the car can be found here:http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=185391

I was peacefully tooling along highway 6 (in Mexico, of course) about to turn left onto hwy 59 South when I came upon a modded STI (as evidenced by the very loud and ginourmous exhuast can) running next to a new Vette. I turned my DSC off and followed behind the Vette (which was on the left of the STI) and passed both on the left. I was in fourth and tapped the left SMG paddle shifter which makes a wonderful noise as it downshifts....a clear challenge.

The Vette was not interested but the STI was right on my tail as I entered the 6 lane freeway that had very little traffic. I held 3rd gear at a steady 4.5K rpm as the STI came up on my left at WOT!

As soon as his nose was even w/ my door I punched it and shifted at about 7.5K RPM. Bam BAM the SMG went through 4th and 5th gear whereupon
I shut her down at 155. The STI was 6 lengths back by then.

The best part about the whole thing is that the poor STI owner most assuredly thought the results would be the opposite. The BMW is totally stock looking...even the badging has been removed. I am sure that he would not have taken up w/ my GT2....the M3 is the perfect sleeper for fun w/ unsuspecting travelers of the night.

Fun times.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 PM
kglesq is on a distinguished road
That can't be true. WRX STi's are the fastest cars on earth. Period. He must not have been racing.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
eMJay1133 will become famous soon enougheMJay1133 will become famous soon enough
Hahaha wow, you're gonna love that car

Old 11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Good for you... man I miss going out and messing around!!! love the sound of those m3's up the higher rpms.... Glad you enjoying it!!!!!!!!! 1 down...many to go!!! lol.!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thanks DMaffo..still blown away by your 10.84.

kglesq; An STI putting down 550 ran a 7.0 60-130 at Lone Star the other day. Do you have someething that will do better?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
you are....he he he.... I remember when I was gettin all this done to my car I was like I wonder how fast it will be... lol.... boy what a surprise!!! I love PORSCHE!!! although the M3 is awesome too!!! I sell lots of them!! Good for you!! I wonder how ill do with more practice!! or with T/B, plenum, fuel and hard pipe kit!!! lol !!!
HEY this is your thread..... M3 rules!! lol... you def have a monster...those things are soooo much fun with the stock motor.....cant imagine wiht one done up!! Wish I were close by to go for a blast.....!!

Old 11-19-2007, 04:09 AM
kglesq is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
kglesq; An STI putting down 550 ran a 7.0 60-130 at Lone Star the other day. Do you have someething that will do better?
Not at the moment, but that's a temporary condition. I think you've missed my point with my reply.

Subies can be made damn fast, and on a budget for that matter. That said, my experience with the WRX community is that they tend to maintain a belief that nothing--and I mean nothing--is better than a WRX. Again, the WRX is a fantastically capable platform, but let's not pretend that it's the pinnacle of automotive design--especially in the face of the high-performance hardware coming out of Europe and Detroit modernly.

Nonetheless, the bulk of those guys make absolutely no room for the possibility that an ordinary looking M3 might serve them up their asses on a platter--with garnish. And that, my friend, is my point.

Enjoy your M3--there are few things more entertaining on the street than Q-Ships.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:38 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Your new M3 used to belong to a friend of mine (Naseem), and was built by another friend of mine (Joel). It's a great car.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Scott,

Thanks, they both spoke highly of you.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Great kill Doc!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Awesome! What a sick sick car. I envy you

Old 11-19-2007, 07:36 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Great car Doc,

Have fun with it!

MK

Old 11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Good kill Sean. I think I finally may get my brother to stop being a Vagina and come out. He's going to be changing a few things up on motor so it should be a tiny bit faster sooner or later.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, I can't wait to see this beast in action on 12/8 at the 60-130, it should do very well.
Peter

Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Chris,

At his age, your brother should be running MLTR's (Multiple Long Term Relationships) anyway, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Kill!