996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24s or Stage II ZC or what???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by K24madness
Glad your happy.

I still stand by my statement. If you were willing to sacrafice some spoolup you will get more power with the K24 based turbo.

Zero clearance on the compressor side reduces compressor temps slightly. Depending on the intercoolers used that may or may not affect intake temps much.

The flow capibilities of the compressor (K24 in this case) are not changed by the zero clearance process. FWIW the Kevins stage3 wheel (super60T3) is a better choice for the K16 based turbo if you feel the need for more and still want to stay with K16's.

You should try to get some seat time in a K24/18G car with proper tuning and exhaust. Its a whole new world.
My car started as a K24 car (Turbo S) with an evo tune. So I had all the "flow" talking about up top with their tune... I didn't have the quick spool. My ZC molests that setup (and I had all the Evo bolt ons).

I've spent my mod money twice now.... EVO then Kevin. I retained nothing from the EVO setup when I moved.

I would suspect that all out I would completely destroy your car with my ZC setup on pump gas.

But as you said... if you like your setup "good for you".

Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
DrBarneyFife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by topgun
Thanks!! I can't wait , These cars should run with the big boys..
I can't wait to see how these things run. I am waiting on my decision to see what your stage 4 cars do.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
I'm being very patient; although, I'm starting to see pigs flying. I just don't wanna hear the fat lady singing...

On a serious note, I can't wait to see what this "big daddy" can do .... hopefully being the year's end.
All good things come to those that wait! , on a serious note all the R&D takes time..Keep in mind that we are the first ones with this kit, so we are trying to make sure things go smoothly. This will be a kit, but think of it as a Mark-Graig-Scott-Robmd-...etc build. as they can tell you things are not that easy & take time, especially when things are being changed & adjusted as we go ...most of these builds average about a year ..The good thing is that once we are done the rest of the stage 4 kits will be ready!! With no delay!.....................Tom

Old 11-26-2007, 04:47 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrBarneyFife
I can't wait to see how these things run. I am waiting on my decision to see what your stage 4 cars do.
Doc, just watch out for the KOOLAID..

Old 11-26-2007, 09:48 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Something smells fishy in Mayberry, NC.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
DrBarneyFife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by topgun
Doc, just watch out for the KOOLAID..
Is it a Ken Kesey brew?