996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 Runs 11.0 with only tune and muffler!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:35 PM
dmundy has a spectacular aura aboutdmundy has a spectacular aura aboutdmundy has a spectacular aura about
That is hauling *** in ANY stock or mostly stock car.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
^^^Crack dealer

+1

And it's that good stuff too. The kind that makes you go WHOOOOOOOSH!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This time going on the 1/4 mile list.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Wish I could get someone to run mine into the 10s!
any time u want your car to post some serious times I'm here.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:21 AM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Here is the slip. Man was that fun or what. For the record, Jamie ran a 10.98 @ 128.90 in a bone stock Z06 on runflats and then ran a 10.83 @ 130.05 on DR's. Man that dude can drive. It was 48 degrees and sunny, the track was in great shape. Stock k24's on an Orton flash, DV's, EVO wastegates, Europipe II (quiet) pump gas (93) on Michelin PS2's. Video will be posted soon. They also got Jamie's 10.83 run. Thanks everybody, I had a blast. Jamie kept encouraging me into believing I had a sub 11.0 time in me, maybe next time. Next stop Summit Point.
Very nice!

Both of you would give some 599 owners a heart-attack

Next Mod: Lighter Wheels, Aluminum F/W or (Tilton Clutch), Michelin PS Cup

Old 12-02-2007, 08:57 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
any time u want your car to post some serious times I'm here.
Yeah Jason why dont you show em what your 10 sec benz can do...

Old 12-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
From the sound of the motor it seems like he was speedshifting... another reason why he ran such a high MPH.... ost guys will let off between shifts.... the boost drops an you loose momentum and time...
.... It's also a quick way to mess up your tranny if you don't do it right...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
From the sound of the motor it seems like he was speedshifting... another reason why he ran such a high MPH.... ost guys will let off between shifts.... the boost drops an you loose momentum and time...
.... It's also a quick way to mess up your tranny if you don't do it right...
markski
Markski, believe me, I was NOT speed shifting, if I was I would say so. I come off the throttle between shifts everytime, period. I'm not going to punish my car and transmission to run a good time. I'll have to disagree with you with respect to the video, you can clearly hear me come off the throttle when I shift. So please stop with the speculation, I was there.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 12-02-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I'm not speculating... ur 1st and 2nd gear seemed very fast... 3rd and 4th not so.... there is a delay in sound as it travels.... my fault... either way... great run...
I didnt read your reply to my first comment til now... I had no idea you already responded as far as speed shifting... ( that you didnt do it).
But I disagree with you on the part where you said that turbo cars dont like speed shifting. I can pm you my runs with a driftbox hooked up and see how a good shift takes time off the 1/4... you take 3 shifts with .2 sec shifts versus 3 shifts with .4 seconds... the outcome is a half a second...

If you don't want me to comment- sorry.. I'm out.
markski

click to view

Old 12-02-2007, 11:14 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Markski,
What is your fastest run (with you driving the car) in the 1/4?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I'm not speculating... ur 1st and 2nd gear seemed very fast... 3rd and 4th not so.... there is a delay in sound as it travels.... my fault... either way... great run...
I didnt read your reply to my first comment til now... I had no idea you already responded as far as speed shifting... ( that you didnt do it).
But I disagree with you on the part where you said that turbo cars dont like speed shifting. I can pm you my runs with a driftbox hooked up and see how a good shift takes time off the 1/4... you take 3 shifts with .2 sec shifts versus 3 shifts with .4 seconds... the outcome is a half a second...

If you don't want me to comment- sorry.. I'm out.
markski
Dude, your comments are always welcome, we can all only benefit from comments and knowledge. I didn't know that you hadn't read my first post describing my shifting absent any speed shifts, so I felt you were questioning my veracity. I think my first and second shift sound fast because of the wheel spin, which was a bad thing. I wish my 11.06 time was on video, I had almost no wheel spin on that run. I agree with you on the driftbox numbers, my shifts take about .2 to .3 seconds per shift. On a good shift .2; put 3 of those shifts together with a good launch, produces a good time. Here is a drift box graph of my driving from 0 - 125 on the street. But I think ultimately, the 1.71; 0 - 60 foot time, perfect weather and track conditions contributed to the low times and high traps.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 12-02-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
It was just a misunderstanding....
I didnt read the previous response....
mark

click to view

Old 12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
That is very impressive.. Very good shift points I might add as well. No need to destroy the car just to impress!!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:51 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Does not seem that laggy to me. Nice run and sorry I doubted you Neil.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cohare
Yeah Jason why dont you show em what your 10 sec benz can do...
haha my "ole mans car" can be seen here https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...39#post1500439