996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:19 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
black is second highest group only to instructors...I would say to start in white (intermediate) and try to work it up if you viewed as able to do so.

Tom, its worth the highest speed group you can get...in our cars, its neccessary...trust me...also, they normally dont like people dumbing down too much. Red to black is ok, but red to white wont happen.

Heavy, just see how the first day goes, then see what you want to do from there!

Regardless...well have some big 6speed rep!

Old 12-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I will be there for all three days. My goal is to get a check-off ride early so I can enjoy being in White. White run group isn't slow, but it's not Red Run group. Those boys haul the mail...

those of you who haven't been to this track before are in for a real treat. It's a world class facility.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 12-31-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:04 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
great!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I will be there for all three days. My goal is to get a check-off ride early so I can enjoy being in White. White run group isn't slow, but it's not Red Run group. Those boys haul the mail...

those of you who haven't been to this track before are in for a real treat. It's a world class facility.

Mike
Mike

are you still in an instructed run group??

if so you should be able to move up to white after the first day but I doubt any PCA region will double advance in one weekend. ours will not. they also are very picky about the top run group.

lets not stress out about this run group thing. what matters is being safe and having fun (sorry the instructor in me is coming out). Lets face it if we all actually make it there it will be a blast no matter what!!

Lets concentrate on all getting there!! The rest will work itself out!!

The only draw back of this event is it is PCA and not Chin where we would have more flexibility for running together and riding in each others cars as passengers which doesnt happen in PCA unless its with an instructor.

Happy New Year!!

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-31-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:47 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
black is second highest group only to instructors...I would say to start in white (intermediate) and try to work it up if you viewed as able to do so.

Tom, its worth the highest speed group you can get...in our cars, its neccessary...trust me...also, they normally dont like people dumbing down too much. Red to black is ok, but red to white wont happen.

Heavy, just see how the first day goes, then see what you want to do from there!

Regardless...well have some big 6speed rep!
Also if we went as white we would have to deal with the hassel of a check out ride to black so I am going black or red and just taking it easy at first.
I will be there all three days. first day 7-8 10ths second day 9/10's third day well we will see!! if I have any brakes or tires left ( I'm bringing a bunch)

Old 12-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Im going all out as of the second day if weather allows...

Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
great!!!
do you always run pagid yellow all round??

I have been running the orange in front and black in black??

what's best for VIR??

Also hoosiers or race slicks??

Dont give me too many pointers

Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
DREW I am definitely coming to this, we havent got to a track together yet and this should be loads of fun!

I didn't read through every page but is registration open now?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Im going all out as of the second day if weather allows...
what times would you expect??

The SCCA qualifier by a vette was just over 2 minutes!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Martin, you going??

I think we might come to hang if we're not busy.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
January 15th is when it should open.

This will be great...we really are getting some GREAT 6 representation!

Martin, you are going to terrorize your run group...haha...try to get into white if you can...otherwise, Im sure you will get a blue to white sign off. (If they slam you in green...I think sir Tom may need to come to the rescue...haha...

Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
January 15th is when it should open.

This will be great...we really are getting some GREAT 6 representation!

Martin, you are going to terrorize your run group...haha...try to get into white if you can...otherwise, Im sure you will get a blue to white sign off. (If they slam you in green...I think sir Tom may need to come to the rescue...haha...
I'm not familiar with the track or run groups so I will be a total noob

My day's at Limerock are totally different, so I will go with the flow and see what you professional's recommend, I will say this, once I get comfy it's on (LOL jk)

Old 12-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
DREW I am definitely coming to this, we havent got to a track together yet and this should be loads of fun!

I didn't read through every page but is registration open now?
That my friend would make this VERY cool!! I dont think registration opens until Jan 15th.

This will be AWESOME!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I'm not familiar with the track or run groups so I will be a total noob

My day's at Limerock are totally different, so I will go with the flow and see what you professional's recommend, I will say this, once I get comfy it's on (LOL jk)
Then sign up as a BLUE student saying you have had alot of driving experience but not there or you will never go from green to white in one weekend. It is just not the PCA way (at least in our region, you never make two level moves in one weekend)

Old 12-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Then sign up as a BLUE student saying you have had alot of driving experience but not there or you will never go from green to white in one weekend. It is just not the PCA way (at least in our region, you never make two level moves in one weekend)
Ok cool, i'm actually getting extremely excited. I havent touched my car in SO LONG, wanted to sell it, this and that. Now I just want to drive th hell out of it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!