996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Saturday Cars and Coffee Jan 12th, 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:28 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Saturday Cars and Coffee Jan 12th, 2008

Wow, this was a great event. There were so many cars, at least 700. I did not take that many pictures because I knew several other 6speeders were so I wanted to let them post this time. I did take some video of me racing my friends LP640 but holding the camera and shifting was a huge disadvantage. This Lambo hase the exhaust that puts it at 675HP.

Here are two videos I tried to shoot. Right click on the link and download it to your computer. It will view a lot better that running it from my server.

www.911turboregistry.com/lp640_1.avi

www.911turboregistry.com/lp640_2.avi

Attached Images     

Last edited by robertp; 01-12-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:39 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Good times, got there at 630am, and you two beat me to it. Actually I was shocked to see the whole place packed that early.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Saeed came to my house at 6am and then we raced down Irvine Center Drive and arrived at 615am. I am surprised how fast his car is and how well the Turbo S kept up with it. I am running a Revo Stage 2 program with 109 octane gas.

Last edited by robertp; 01-12-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:58 AM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
And you also raced home too! That was fun. Your turbo S did fine, too bad there were cars in front of you on the overpass.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:18 AM
BTW link don't work.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:19 AM
rriva will become famous soon enough
Good meet, and nice to see the faces with some of the 6speeders on the forum. By 6:30am the self appointed attendants were saying the lot was full. I just got in under the wire to park with the pcars.
DAS SUV

http://public.fotki.com/Recon3d/irvine-meet-1-12-08/

Attached Images   
Old 01-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by GTGuy
BTW link don't work.
You have to download them to your desktop to view. Try this and confirm for me that it works.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by rriva
Good meet, and nice to see the faces with some of the 6speeders on the forum. By 6:30am the self appointed attendants were saying the lot was full. I just got in under the wire to park with the pcars.
DAS SUV

http://public.fotki.com/Recon3d/irvine-meet-1-12-08/
Yes, I saw your car with all of the 911's. Next sat we need to all go for a drive to PCH after the event.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by robertp
Yes, I saw your car with all of the 911's. Next sat we need to all go for a drive to PCH after the event.

That I agree! We'll have to do that.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:08 PM
rriva will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GTGuy
That I agree! We'll have to do that.
In.. Next month, 1st Saturday. i'll be TGC.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Old 01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
3rd Street is on a distinguished road
it was a great event...unfortunately i didn't get there as early as you guys recommended so i ended up parking in the side lot towards the end next to a yellow ferrari. after the event 4 of us turbos went to lunch out in Newport...good times.

looking forward to the next time we can all get together again. I'm hopin I can meet more of you in person.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd Street
it was a great event...unfortunately i didn't get there as early as you guys recommended so i ended up parking in the side lot towards the end next to a yellow ferrari. after the event 4 of us turbos went to lunch out in Newport...good times.

looking forward to the next time we can all get together again. I'm hopin I can meet more of you in person.

I saw your car there three weeks ago. Very sharp. Yes, next Sat lets all go out to an early lunch after the event.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is on a distinguished road
Very nice!

Here's some shots of the BMW material on hand...

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=42343

...Definitely wish we had something equivalent on the East coast!

Last edited by Trevor Ely; 01-12-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
3rd Street is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by robertp
I saw your car there three weeks ago. Very sharp. Yes, next Sat lets all go out to an early lunch after the event.
Thanks! Your's looked very sharp too. I saw you as you were pulling out today. I did get to look at your car while it was parked too, but I didn't know what you looked like to look for you. next week .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saturday Cars and Coffee Jan 12th, 2008