996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Black & White garage flooring from Costco

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:23 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I had my floor done over the fall with a Behr product and it sux. It's already coming up in many areas. The painter who did the floor and walls told me that he didn't have any experience with the stuff and normally does a two part epoxy. He'll be coming back out in the spring and re-doing the floor with that.

These tiles are nice for garages that cars park in, but I've been in two friend's shops where those tiles werent' jack or jack stand friendly. Told them both that I was there to work on cars, not garage floors...

Mike

Old 01-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Ray C. will become famous soon enough
Roadsterdoc, This is what I installed:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=360845

Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
No one dealt with racedeck.com? I have heard this is the most populor? My budy is the distributor in Dallas and is offering it to me for very cheap and has it in his garage and has no complaints.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I had my floor done over the fall with a Behr product and it sux. It's already coming up in many areas. The painter who did the floor and walls told me that he didn't have any experience with the stuff and normally does a two part epoxy. He'll be coming back out in the spring and re-doing the floor with that.

These tiles are nice for garages that cars park in, but I've been in two friend's shops where those tiles werent' jack or jack stand friendly. Told them both that I was there to work on cars, not garage floors...

Mike
With Epoxy, you need to get a better product or is SU%KS My floor was installed by The Garage People. It took 14 days to complete and comes with a 10 year gaurantee not to fade, crack or discolor. I jack my two other cars (S600 and Minivan) all the time to change the oil, rotate tires and never had a problem. I had it installed three years ago. It is a little slippery when wet but Drys very quickly. It cost $3800.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I looked at all the flooring options and recently went with 24" x 24" black and white porclean ceramic tile (commercial grade). I put it in myself which was a bigger job than I thought but love the look and the easy clean up.

I finished it off with small 1" black and white tiles for a border around the garage.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
EZ, That looks great!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 05-20-2009, 05:33 AM
LT1
LT1 is on a distinguished road
EZ: That may be the best floor/garage that I've ever seen!

Old 05-20-2009, 07:53 AM
mose55 is on a distinguished road
I just put this stuff down last weekend...piece of cake and looks pretty decent as well. My floor is old (30 yo house), cracked, uneven so the prep work required for either tiles or epoxy was too mentally taxing for me to consider. I just powerwashed, dried and rolled this stuff in the garage (like wall to wall carpeting) and I was done.

http://www.bltllc.com/g-floor_main.htm

All I have to do is use some carpet tape for the edges this weekend and should be finished quite nicely. Now I need to do some kickplates and patch up the walls and it should look pretty good. $550 for 2 car garage from Sams Club.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I used a anti-fracture membrane and quite a bit of floor leveler before I could tile. Thanks everyone for the nice compliments.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
I had Premier Garage install their flooring in my garage. I'm very happy with it.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 AM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
I have U-Coat-It commercial-grade epoxy floor coating on my entire floor (~2400 sq ft). In 1 bay I installed the Costco floor tile on top of it. Both the U-Coat-It and the Costco tiles are very durable and easy to clean.

The Costco product is a private label flooring made by RaceDeck in Utah. I know this because the Costco flooring does not include the corners to finish the outside edge. You have to buy those direct from RaceDeck.

Last edited by mxk116; 05-20-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
EZ that looks killer, does it get slick when it gets wet?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 AM
It can get a little slick. It is polished like marble.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:08 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
EZ that looks great. how much does each tile cost?

Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I got them for $2.99 per foot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black & White garage flooring from Costco