996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid's JIC Cross Suspension Package (Pic)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Vivid's JIC Cross Suspension Package (Pic)

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a picture of some of the parts I just received from Vivid Racing. I ordered the 996 Turbo Suspension package which included:

1. JIC Cross Coilover suspension
2. Agency Power Adjustable Rear Control Arms
3. Agency Power Rear Sway bar links
4. H&R 24mm rear adjustable sway bar

As you can see from the picture, the build quality and precision of these parts are apparant. Check out those camber plates! I had these installed by Doc's Grrrage in Lexington, SC and had it aligned and corner balanced by the good folks at Autometrics in Charleston, SC. They were impressed with the build quality as well.

I have yet to take possession of the car, but Autometrics set it up to the same specs as their Porsche Cup Car. I also upgraded my rotors to the Porsche GT3 Cup Rotors and Pagid Yellow pads. I am running GT2 calipers on the front and stock turbo calipers and rotors on the rears.

One controversial piece of equipment in the whole package is the front droplinks. As you can see in the picture, they are not as beefy as the rest of the components. Some 6speed members have reported breaking their front droplinks.

Dan from Vivid Racing has been very helpful during this whole process. He has reassured me that none of his customers, inlcuding himself, have had these droplinks break. Nonetheless, in 30 days, he will have available to me some new heavier duty droplinks to replace the ones above.

Thus, apparantly the fly in the ointment has finally been extracted. I can't wait for my next track day. The folks at Autometrics assured me with the new suspension and brakes, the car will perform like a whole new beast.

I will keep you guys posted!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
JonB has a spectacular aura aboutJonB has a spectacular aura aboutJonB has a spectacular aura about
Wow! Looks great. Let us know how you like it once you get it back.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Addicted is on a distinguished road
Looks great! Congrats...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 PM
orlando333 will become famous soon enough
curious, what kind of dollars we talking about; please pm

Old 02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
SEAN 996 will become famous soon enoughSEAN 996 will become famous soon enough
Is this the 8/12 setup? If it is, I have this exact setup and I'm very happy with it. Dan also helped me with this setup. It was a huge improvement on the track than the stock suspension. As for the front drop link issue well , I haven't had that but I'd be interested to see what he has for you. I think you'll be happy with it.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:13 AM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
awesome. i have a similar set up and love it

Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 AM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Have the same "Vivid setup" and it's being installed as I write...

Old 02-14-2008, 04:34 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Impressive.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:22 AM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Hmmm....seems like quite a few people have this set up and are generally satisfied.

Yes, it is the 8kg/12kg set up.

For those of you who have this set up: What is the quality of driving it on the street? The people at Autometrics warned me that it might be a little bit "twitchy" on the street, but will perform awesome on the track.

I'm not exactly sure what "twitchy" means in this case , however, they cautioned me to "get used to the new feel" of my car.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:39 AM
SEAN 996 will become famous soon enoughSEAN 996 will become famous soon enough
For the street I have the settings 14 from full stiff front and the rear and rear sway set in the middle. On the track I have it set at 5 from full stiff, fronts and 7 in the rears with the rear sway at full stiff. With that set up on the street it is pretty harsh. Just my .02.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Robert@Redline is on a distinguished road
You will need to get the H&R front sway also.

There are also many "other" Porsche suspension parts that are needed to make it completely right.

Robert

Last edited by Robert@Redline; 02-14-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Robert@Redline

There are also many "other" Porsche suspension parts that are needed to make it completely right.

Robert
can you enlighten us?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Robert@Redline

Robert
Would love to know what else is "needed"???

Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 PM
robinh20mrv is on a distinguished road
very nice indeed m8, i have just bought a set of the very same jic coilovers for my 996 turbo and am looking forward to getting them on!

cheers robin.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Addicted is on a distinguished road
I'd like to know these other items as well...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid's JIC Cross Suspension Package (Pic)