996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Haven’t heard anything in a long time regarding several BIG HP cars . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Haven’t heard anything in a long time regarding several BIG HP cars . . .

There has been a deafening silence on the forum lately regarding several BIG HP cars. I am curious what happened to all the high HP cars. It seems like ten months ago, we were all discussing the latest 800+hp dyno pulls, 9 second ¼ mile runs and 5 second 60-130 times, then the cars suddenly vanished from the radar screen. Did the cars break down? Did the projects encounter problems? Were the results less than expected/desired? Where have all the big dogs gone?

For example, I haven’t read anything in many months regarding Markski’s monster (with the exception of some photos from a "summer project" thread). Whats up with your car Markski? What new stuff have you added and how has it worked out in terms of power and performance?

Scott sent his car to Proto many moons ago for new turbos, headwork, etc. Whats up with your car Scott? How are the new turbos and headwork panning out in terms of power and performance?

Scott’s buddy (I forgot his name) commenced a major project with Proto over a year ago. I think it was a 3.8 liter build. Whats up with that car? How did the 3.8 work out? Whats the power and performance?

RobMD commenced a major 3.8 liter project with Akram/Proto (projecting over 900 whp) approximately 11 months ago. Whats up with Rob’s car? Is it at Akram or Proto? Whats been going on since the summer? Power? Performance?

Haven’t heard anything lately regarding JoeTwinT’s EVOMS car either. Whats up with that car. When can we expect updated power/performance numbers?

Haven’t heard anything lately regarding Chad’s four year SCarGo project. Whats up with that car. Will it be completed this decade?

KPG’s and TopGun’s cars have been under the knife for a considerable period. I actually know the status of these cars (and I wish them well -- if it were me, I would already be incarcerated on murder charges).

Looking forward to hearing about the cutting edge 996TTs!

Regards,

Craig

Old 02-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Suman's car is almost done, will clean clocks with that... my car is almost done, great power for bolt ons... I think with the value of the cars dropping, you have a whole new group of people that are starting from scratch.

what car did you buy?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:05 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
ddidnt you sell the avatar car? r u buying another 996tt maybe a stick one this time? curious to see whats on your plate.

S

Old 02-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Craig,
I actually brought the same point up to a few friends of mine except privately.
What's up with your old car? The new owner pm-ed me a few times 3 months ago asking about my fuel system because his car had some running lean condition? He wanted to get pics and all the data on the twin pump.
My take on all this is that once you hit some HP mark you have to babysit the car a lot more then when you have 700 hp. I have been plagued by boost leaks, axle and clutch issues(but I doubt I'm the only one).
Some of us do not live in Sunny California lol... I'm ready to go except Im experiencing the worst weather here in Chicago since 1979.
My 10 day forecast:

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'm just shooting for 600whp, but I am still a few months out from finishing my Skinny White Dude Racing 700 kit

I think Rob posted a video of his car the other day, but it was just driving around. I think he said he was getting ready to get on the dyno, but I am not sure. I will let him chime in.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:02 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Sharky just gave an update on his EVO/Sharkwerks 3.8L GT 800.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=117873

Old 02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
My Car Is Running But Will Be Going Through Some Major Changes This Month

Old 02-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jags911tt
My Car Is Running But Will Be Going Through Some Major Changes This Month

LOL my man Jags! HOLLER! lol do I smell VIVID piping kit and maybe some gt35's brotha!

Suman

Old 02-21-2008, 01:49 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
LOL my man Jags! HOLLER! lol do I smell VIVID piping kit and maybe some gt35's brotha!

Suman
SSSHHHHHHH! YOU KNOW TOO MUCH LOL

Old 02-21-2008, 01:50 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Craig,

The prototype liners were recently finished. We are awaiting the piston rings which are being made and coming out of Europe. Actually suppose to see them this week.

I honestly believe Killer Angel will see the road by this coming June. My understanding is we will have somewhere over 415 hp.

Last edited by cjv; 02-21-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Craig,

I honestly believe Killer Angel will see the road by this coming June. My understanding is we will have somewhere over 415 hp.

is that HP rating for every 2 cylinders

Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Aside from the obvious, it would be nice to hear why.

Good luck to everyone mentioned. Maybe, we can look forward to seeing some surprises at TX2K8!!!!

Here is a link, from this week, of Rob's car:

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/ainoble/?action=view&current=CIMG3312.flv

GL,
Ryan

Last edited by TXGold; 02-21-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:59 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Craig,

I think this must be a blatant attack on High Horsepower Cars.
It is pejorative in nature and must be stopped....
You have no right to ask in a public forum format and from hereon
you must PM individuals when wanting to know this information.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:01 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !

tx2k8 !

Old 02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute1badgt2 has a reputation beyond repute
We are building a MoTec controlled 3.8L individual throttle bodied engine where the only stock parts are the casing halves. Big GT35s water cooled, Carillo rods, custom heads, valve train, cams, headers, plenums, etc. with water cooled inner coolers. With the individual throttle bodies, this thing will rev very quickly and provide very smooth power band all the way to 8400RPM. Will dyno the motor in the next 45 days on 100 octane. There are four other motors similarly built in full race cars producing in excess of 850whp. I will keep the forum up to date thru my thread elsewhere in the forum under "a very custom 996 GT2 RSR". Much more to this car than just the engine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Haven’t heard anything in a long time regarding several BIG HP cars . . .