996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche charger fried my battery.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Sorry I missed the follow-up question. Yes the Interstate battery is vented and the tube connects perfectly. In stal the Interstate maintainer while you're at it. Connects right to the terminals with a plug-in cable that connects to the charger.
I just got my interstate MTP-93 battery and I found out that you need a vent tube attachment to connect to the oem tube. You have to ask them for it or it will not be provided for you. I'll have to go back to get that. Also the batter is longer then the oem battery so you need a 13mm bolt in order to insert into the last tie down spot. Other then that, the battery is a direct fit.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 AM
imolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the roughimolafem is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Sorry I missed the follow-up question. Yes the Interstate battery is vented and the tube connects perfectly. In stal the Interstate maintainer while you're at it. Connects right to the terminals with a plug-in cable that connects to the charger.
Can you link me to the maintainer you got for this battery? The website isn't bringing it up during search.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
See carnewal or suncoast. Suncoast (Florida) usually sells the charger/tender at a discount. I've had mine 2 years now with no issues. I was also mistaken on re no venting, the battery is vented for both fumes and overflow even though it is "outside" the sealed front hood compartment.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
RLandis is on a distinguished road
This is a curious thread for me as well. I haven't been on this forum for quite a while, but I just acquired an '05 C4S, with 28,000 miles. I drove it to NJ (from Nashville) on Feb 1, and encountered snow up there. The first morning after arrival, the battery was dead. It took a charge, and I went to Ray Catena Porsche. They took care of me without an appointment, but I was surprised to pay $250 for a battery, installed.

I have had a Porsche battery tender for over 10 years. I plugged it in upon my return. Naturally I got a red light. I thought it would turn green when it was topped off. Instead, I got no light at all after a couple of days. I can't remember what it used to do. Is that normal?

Thanks all,
Richard

Old 03-05-2010, 09:00 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Don't know which model I have but it's Porsche and made by ctek and had the motorcycle or car option. I figured out that if I plug it into my 12v in my Viper which stays hot even when car if turned off it maintains that car also. So when I have the turbo at home and the Viper is in storage it is always plugged in and visa versa. I was thrilled that it was a multi purpose maintainer/tender. Been using it for 2 years with no issues.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RLandis
This is a curious thread for me as well. I haven't been on this forum for quite a while, but I just acquired an '05 C4S, with 28,000 miles. I drove it to NJ (from Nashville) on Feb 1, and encountered snow up there. The first morning after arrival, the battery was dead. It took a charge, and I went to Ray Catena Porsche. They took care of me without an appointment, but I was surprised to pay $250 for a battery, installed.

I have had a Porsche battery tender for over 10 years. I plugged it in upon my return. Naturally I got a red light. I thought it would turn green when it was topped off. Instead, I got no light at all after a couple of days. I can't remember what it used to do. Is that normal?

Thanks all,
Richard
That's normal. Light goes off after full charge.