996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carbonetic Triple Clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:19 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Are you doing an 800 mile break in?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, and after that I hope to have her Dynoed
Cheers
Robert

Old 03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The clutch is in. I stalled it 7 times on the way home. I still need to get use to it.
First impressions:

1. No need to depress the clutch more than 1 inch.
2. Has a slight chatter when clutch is depressed.
3. Very grabby
4. Light rev feel

I just put 40 miles so 760 more to go. I should be acclimated to the clutch action within the next 200 miles.

RobMD99, how does the clutch feel change over time?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Thus far I have 600 Miles on my ATS Triple and it seems to get better with each mile. All of those who are coming to the Supra Nats or Texas Mile, you can test drive it if you like :-)
Cheers
Robert
How long did it take to get use to the clutch? 90% of the peddle travel produces no response.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
God that is what I HATE about these things...
MUST drive before making decision.
I did this (different type of clutch but same results) to my 993TT and Hated it.

MK

Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I think it will work if it behaved more like the stock clutch.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:51 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Robertp, read this thread about altering the pedal height:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=120793

Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
It is getting better! Akram has changed the lever arm so I have more play. He could copy my set up and do it for you?
cheers
Robert

Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Rob,

I want to try yours in Texas

Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Did you already move the spring assist on the pedal ? This helps quite a bit. With these multi-plate setups and having the accumulator removed, the master moves so much fluid that it doesn't take much movement to get the release bearing all the way out. With the spring actuator removed you'll have a little better feel and the pedal will be closer to the floor in a slightly more natural position.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by onelove
Did you already move the spring assist on the pedal ? This helps quite a bit. With these multi-plate setups and having the accumulator removed, the master moves so much fluid that it doesn't take much movement to get the release bearing all the way out. With the spring actuator removed you'll have a little better feel and the pedal will be closer to the floor in a slightly more natural position.
Is that the spring that makes the clutch pedal go towards the floor? How do you get it out? Do I remove the spring?

Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
Is that the spring that makes the clutch pedal go towards the floor? How do you get it out? Do I remove the spring?
Yes under the pedal is a spring assist. There is a more detailed thread on Rennlist on how to do this, basically you insert a nail or wire to prevent the spring from extending, depress the clutch pedal and remove the top pin, once this is out (it will take a few moments) and then the whole spring assembly should fall down allowing you to take it completely out.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I am having the exact same clutch w/ the 1150 installed on my car today. 3.2K is a very good price as I think the retail is around 4K (!).

If you have over 600 rwhp this clutch w/ the 1150 is not overkill. I had the sachs 999 and ltwt flywheel and never had any problems when I had 580 to the wheels. When I upgraded fuel system and a few other things (640 to the wheels) I noticed a very slight bit of slippage in cold weather which I am sure would have eventually gotten worse.

I am having a well respected Supra builder, who is trying to break into the Porsche community install mine. He is talented but I have heard that the installation is challenging. Any insight/advice?

I have also heard that the clutch doesn't require 800 miles break in, that is just the warranty requirement.
Will your car be ready tomorrow? Hope you like it. My clutch is starting to feel a little better. I have 105 miles on it. You will need to do someting about the clutch pedal height.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
Yes under the pedal is a spring assist. There is a more detailed thread on Rennlist on how to do this, basically you insert a nail or wire to prevent the spring from extending, depress the clutch pedal and remove the top pin, once this is out (it will take a few moments) and then the whole spring assembly should fall down allowing you to take it completely out.
Will this will cause the pedal to flop around and not hold tight against the ckutch master cyclinder actuator?

Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by robertp
Will this will cause the pedal to flop around and not hold tight against the ckutch master cyclinder actuator?
It's simply a helper spring, there is a 18 page thread on Rennlist about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbonetic Triple Clutch