996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carbonetic Triple Clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 02:37 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Great to hear that it is only getting better. So do you think you will leave the stock MC/slave design as-is?

Old 03-22-2008, 02:50 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
For now, Yes. All of my research has concluded that any alteration to the slave positioning or master cylinder will alter the throughout bearing thus, making unnecessary wear.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 AM
subie_powa is on a distinguished road
how about decreasing (I'm assuming that you have too much volume) the diameter of the clutch master and adding a pedal stop? that is what I am going to do to my car ( I am going to increase the diameter)

Last edited by subie_powa; 03-23-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:07 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by subie_powa
how about decreasing (I'm assuming that you have too much volume) the diameter of the clutch master and adding a pedal stop? that is what I am going to do to my car ( I am going to increase the diameter)
I've been working on this as well, you can put a restrictor in the line which will decrease the volume, but will also effect the dynamics of the release bearing as well. Clutch stop is also very trick because of the spot where it would need to be mounted, along with having proper adjustment (even though the pedal engaged at the top it's still a fraction of an inch off the floor at the top. The ideal solution would be to have the availability of the entire travel of the pedal, or at lease 60-80% for easier slipping /control.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by onelove
I've been working on this as well, you can put a restrictor in the line which will decrease the volume, but will also effect the dynamics of the release bearing as well. Clutch stop is also very trick because of the spot where it would need to be mounted, along with having proper adjustment (even though the pedal engaged at the top it's still a fraction of an inch off the floor at the top. The ideal solution would be to have the availability of the entire travel of the pedal, or at lease 60-80% for easier slipping /control.
This is similar to the Evoms GT2 clutch kit.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:44 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
A hydraulic restrictor may slow the pedal action. I had a 330i 6-speed which has one from the factory and it significantly slows shifting. I hated it. A lot of guys remove it...I sold the car instead.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 AM
I love the fact that I only need to depress the clutch pedal 1 inch to shift from 1-2-3-4-5 & 6th gears, makes for fast ****fing. I hate it at launch.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:02 PM
subie_powa is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't go with a restrictor. you could you a one-way flow valve. By playing with the diameter of the clutch master, you could effectively change the required travel and engagement points. i.e. if you have too much travel, decreasing the area of the clutch master would give you more useful travel.