996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Whats the difference between fabspeed gen 1, 2 & 3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by hydeaway
Shark - how do you install the vortex?
You either tack weld or bolt it in (I'll weld it) right behind the muffler......or what passes as a muffler in the old school Fabspeed the narrow end of the cone pointing towards the muffler

Old 03-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
i have a fabspeed gen 2
if anyone wants to trade for a gen 1 please let me know
i want something loud
They're not loud.....they're ferocious.....a low sinister growl. The smokers at work (smoking area is in the parking garage) start to cower and get scared when I pass by

Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
mtesh
im interested
let me know if you wanna trade

Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Flyfisher is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Shark01
You either tack weld or bolt it in (I'll weld it) right behind the muffler......or what passes as a muffler in the old school Fabspeed the narrow end of the cone pointing towards the muffler
Shark, I'm curious how your exhaust mod turns out. I have the Fabspeed Gen 1. I love the sound, but hate the drone while on the freeway. I have a cab, so the drone may be more noticeable. If I am spending much time on the freeway, I find myself dropping to 5th simply to get the rpms up near 3k to kill the drone, Otherwise I feel my teeth will fall out. If I am not cruising the freeways, I don't really notice the drone.

KC

Old 03-30-2008, 07:24 PM
mtesh73 will become famous soon enough
mtesh
im interested
let me know if you wanna trade
steve, i think i may be interested in the swap. i am still doing some research on whether i am going to stay with a fabspeed product or branch out. if i am going to stay i will definately trade. if you want to hear my car in person, my brother and his partner own a german car tuning shop across the street from my office with a maha dyno. you can come do so dyno pulls and we can hear each others exhaust. let me know if you want to set something up.
thanks,
mike

Old 03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Flyfisher
Shark, I'm curious how your exhaust mod turns out. I have the Fabspeed Gen 1. I love the sound, but hate the drone while on the freeway. I have a cab, so the drone may be more noticeable. If I am spending much time on the freeway, I find myself dropping to 5th simply to get the rpms up near 3k to kill the drone, Otherwise I feel my teeth will fall out. If I am not cruising the freeways, I don't really notice the drone.

KC
I'll post it up when done. I have the cones in hand, and now have the rebuilt cats back. And I have a place to do the work. All I need are the straps.

I hear you on the 5th gear thing. What I started doing in the morning was wearing noise reducing headphones (like you wear on airplanes) in the morning (I leave the house at 5 AM).

Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
sttjmk is on a distinguished road
i have a fabspeed gen 2
if anyone wants to trade for a gen 1 please let me know
i want something loud
Another option to consider is the Gen 3 version with the bypass pipes. I can feel the difference in performance when I use the bypass pipes. My neighbors can feel it too, esp. when I fire up at 6AM...Takes about 20-30 mins to do the swap.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks Shark. I don't really have a place to do the work, but if the results are really good, I'll find a way

'97 Yamaha Royal Star Custom

Last edited by Flyfisher; 03-30-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Well I drove my TT in to work today. I decided that it is just too loud for me, especially with the cabriolet. I must be getting old. I called Stephen Kaspar at ImagineAuto, who installed my current exhaust for the previous owner. Stephen told me that I have the Gen 2 Moderate. After talking to Stephen, I decided to order a new Gen 3. As much as I would love to keep this thing loud and obnoxious, I am just not going to enjoy the car as much as I would if it were a bit more tame. I'll leave the monster loud setups for you young guys! Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll be able to give you my comparison of at least those two setups.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
pcarr is on a distinguished road
Is there a way to tell what generation you have? Is there any marking or anything?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:02 PM
sttjmk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pcarr
Is there a way to tell what generation you have? Is there any marking or anything?
I think Gen 3 is the only one with a twin can design.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
spoonito is on a distinguished road
I have the single can version... So does that mean I have the Gen 1... It drones really loud around 2-2.5k rpm... How much Hp increase are we talking about over stalk, and how much weight savings are in it... The previous owner added a pretty big sound system, and I'm sure that added crazy weight.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Gen. 1 & 2 are both single can mufflers

Gen. 3 is our twin can muffler system

Hope this helps

Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 PM
spoonito is on a distinguished road
Are the cats sold with the kit or are they separate? I know I have the muffler for sure, but I can't remember if I saw upgraded cats as well... I only looked under the car once when I picked it up. I guess I'll just have to check when I get home...

Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Cats are included with the exhaust

Originally Posted by spoonito
Are the cats sold with the kit or are they separate? I know I have the muffler for sure, but I can't remember if I saw upgraded cats as well... I only looked under the car once when I picked it up. I guess I'll just have to check when I get home...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats the difference between fabspeed gen 1, 2 & 3?