996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks to Todd @ Protomotive -k24/18g's installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:55 AM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Thanks to Todd @ Protomotive -k24/18g's installed

First I want to say thank you to Todd for putting up with all my questions and emails. Also to Marty and Marek for their help and talking with me.

The install went smoothly and was really easy for me, I watched. We did the install in a friends garage, a Porsche tech did the install.

I did not install the EBC, since I will probably hardly ever use it (only having 91 in cali), but then again this might change. I know this is against all the advice from Marty and Marek

The car is just plain fast now. As I was entering the freeway 3rd gear (had to get around traffic), the car flew and pulled like crazy. I was at 120 before I knew it. No drop off at high RPM, pulls all the way to redline. I love the new car I just got. I will probably not do a Dyno, but will get an idea of where it is when I do some friendly runs with the stage 4's running around here.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the club!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome
Robert

Old 04-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Congrats, Mike! Enjoy her in good health.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the replies and welcoming me to the club.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Congrats! Maybe we can meet up some time and compare the 24/18's to the GT28's?!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Congrats! Maybe we can meet up some time and compare the 24/18's to the GT28's?!
That would be cool, I would like to do it. There is another GT28 car out here in the IE. He has been asking me to compare before I even received 18g's. LOL

Old 04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MikeR
First I want to say thank you to Todd for putting up with all my questions and emails. Also to Marty and Marek for their help and talking with me.

The install went smoothly and was really easy for me, I watched. We did the install in a friends garage, a Porsche tech did the install.

I did not install the EBC, since I will probably hardly ever use it (only having 91 in cali), but then again this might change. I know this is against all the advice from Marty and Marek

The car is just plain fast now. As I was entering the freeway 3rd gear (had to get around traffic), the car flew and pulled like crazy. I was at 120 before I knew it. No drop off at high RPM, pulls all the way to redline. I love the new car I just got. I will probably not do a Dyno, but will get an idea of where it is when I do some friendly runs with the stage 4's running around here.

Must admit that is the way I went as well. Car is down right amazing now. Just like the improvement you see when you do your first flash.

If I can run the car with this power and it hold up at the track it will be a dream come true!!

I didnt know you could do this properly without the EBC? I was told otherwise.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Must admit that is the way I went as well. Car is down right amazing now. Just like the improvement you see when you do your first flash.

If I can run the car with this power and it hold up at the track it will be a dream come true!!

I didnt know you could do this properly without the EBC? I was told otherwise.
Not sure either, but Todd thought it would be ok for my uses. I still might add the EBC later.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
MikeR, what other mods have you done? For the uninformed, , whats an EBC?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Mike,

Congratulations on stepping up to a great turbo! I am so pleased and satisfied with my K24/18G's...especially the way they pull up top. Enjoy!

boss,

EBC = electronic boost controller

Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Adam, can I go too? How you been Bro?

Mike, congrats on the kit! I believe Andre, aka "Onetime" is doing this upgrade soon as well.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
My understanding is if you have the upgraded wastegates you need to run the EBC to accurately control them.

Drew AKA "The Predator," I'm doing something soon just not sure when.

Last edited by Onetime; 04-15-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
EvilEmpirE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Adam, can I go too? How you been Bro?

Mike, congrats on the kit! I believe Andre, aka "Onetime" is doing this upgrade soon as well.
you guys should def get together and do some comparos When are your K24/18G's going in Andre?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Onetime
My understanding is if you have the upgraded wastegates you need to run the EBC to accurately control them.

Drew AKA "The Predator," I'm doing something soon just not sure when.
There he is, hey Brotha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks to Todd @ Protomotive -k24/18g's installed