996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 GT2 Sport Bucket Seat feeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:15 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
997 GT2 Sport Bucket Seat feeler

Hey guys,

We are starting to receive information from Porsche about the new GT2 Sport Buckets.

As you all probably know by now, these are the seats that can currently only be optioned in a new car. They are foldable bucket seats, with Carbon Fiber backs, and thorax airbags. Fitment will include all 986's, 987's, 996's, and 997's.

Now the part everyone wants to hear. For now, we're estimating pricing for a pair of black leather seats will be below $9k, which places them right in between the 996 and 997 GT3 seats we already sell. We have not talked to Porsche about Alcantara, or any colors other than black. In a few weeks they are going to start hitting our shores and I will be able to get a more solid price for you guys.

We have set ourselves up to receive the first batch that come into the states, so if you're interested in a set, PM me your name and email address. When they start to come in I will let everyone on the list know via email, and give them first crack at the seats.

Thanks guys!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:23 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Will the side airbag work in a 996? Do they recline?

Old 05-01-2008, 07:29 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Great seats!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:34 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
For now, I'm going to say that the side airbags will only work in newer cars with Advanced Airbags.

They don't recline, they slide back and forth on the rails, and fold forward.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 AM
wachuko is on a distinguished road
I need them in Graphite Grey. Looking for what special pricing you will be able to do for the folks here. Sending PM.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:30 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Hi.

Issues for me:

natural brown?

sub belt to make them PCA legal for DE?

and, I'll have to wait for a long time...the price is just way too much for me.....if they were 1400 each.... ;-) (maybe in a year then...amazing that they get this and similar recaros are 1400 or less....I know, I know, the ptax....I'd give up the cf and add 10 pounds...perhaps Porsche could make a budget version.... if only..)

Thanks!

Jeff

Old 05-01-2008, 11:12 AM
We have no information regarding colors other than black. But judging by the fact that it is pretty tough to get any seat in Natural Brown, it probably won't be any easier with these seats. But once we get a part number for them, I'll let you all know.

Porsche has told us that they will be compatible with a sub mount bar, but did not specify if they are built into the seat or need to be purchased separately.

And it'll be quite a wait until they're $1400, seeing as I haven't seen anyplace but us sell the 996 GT3 seats for that price.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Steve, I'm in for a set. But can you please inquire about the alcantara? I think the GT2 comes with the alcantara seats standard, doesn't it?

Old 05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
The GT2 itself probably does come with the inserts in Alcantara standard, but that is not necessarily the case for the whole seat style (for example, these seats in a Cayman don't automatically come with Alcantara).

We don't currently have any word regarding Alcantara price and availability. But once I hear anything I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:52 PM
melsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura aboutmelsta has a spectacular aura about
can you get a deal for the bucket seats like the ones in the carrara gt

Old 05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
mmmm 9k's worth, I take it we get the choice of Gold or Platinum Rails Steve

Old 05-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by melsta
can you get a deal for the bucket seats like the ones in the carrara gt
We have those up for sale, check them out here:

European GT3 Seats - Black/Carbon Fiber

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
mmmm 9k's worth, I take it we get the choice of Gold or Platinum Rails Steve
Yup! And either option gets encrusted with Swarovski crystals