996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Honesty and Integrety at Perfect Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:06 PM
JimC is infamous around these parts
Honesty and Integrety at Perfect Power

Wanted every one to know my porsche experience at Perfect Power. Almost a year ago Sol installed aPSS9 in my TT and did a alignment twice for me because he is a perfectionist ( and because I am **** ) over the course of the next year we did a chip B+m short shift DV valves Exhaust V1 install ,SOL was even able to get me the really cool Sportec front lip when no one else could,I even put GT-2 wheels and tires on and had them painted black even though Sol didnt like the look(I said hes a great mechanic I dint say he had great taste) Any way after over a year he called me after revueing his books and receipts and realized somewhere he over charged me.I was shocked !! not that he overcharged me ,but that he called me and told me.We worked out the credit and I feel so confident in there abilitys that unless there is a major catastrophic failure requiring dealer warranty assistance that Sol and crew will always do my work. Hell he even fixed my 7 series BMW after 2 tries at the dealer. Any way Just one mans experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2004, 05:24 PM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Wow!! Very rare to find people like that. I am located in Peoria, Illinois, where exactly is this place in Chicago? I would love to use him! Thanks for the post.

Old 07-16-2004, 05:46 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Great story. That is what makes coustomer loyality.

Old 07-17-2004, 12:28 AM
dlm477 is infamous around these parts
He is located in libertyville about 45 minutes north of chicago.

Old 07-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Sol has the right name for his shop: PERFECTpower. You know integrity gets you results, but add knowledge and experience and you get there in the most efficient way. As a bottom line kind of guy, I appreciate all of my dealings with Sol and the shop. You don't have to live in Chi town like Colorchange to great great service. Keep up the good work. And no I'm not related to Sol.

Old 07-17-2004, 10:16 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Yep, gotta call 'em to get more work done.

Old 07-17-2004, 12:44 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Yes, Sol does a lot of my stuff too, and he will be doing more when I get back from the track

Old 07-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Banned
dennywags is infamous around these parts
this is not the first time i have read a thread that praises the competence and professionalism of sol and perfect power. i have commented before always agreeing with the accolades given; obviously because they are all true. but nobody ever realizes why your porsche is a better car when it leaves perfect power then when it arrived.

sol is obviously a great mechanic and his employees are well trained and very respectful of everyone's "pride and joy". but when it comes down to making a car go fast, you have to be able to drive it fast. i am not talking 3rd gear roll-ons pulled to red-line because that is not going to dial in your new pss9s. sol can write a lengthly dissertation on the condition of any 911 by simply driving it from the front of his shop around back and onto a lift. then, when the car is finished the ensuing test drive is where sol's expertise is delivered. i have had the opportunity to go on a few of these test drives and have always been impressed. the cars have ranged from early 911s to highly modded 993 and 996 twin turbos. his ability to drive fast and smooth is truely awe inspiring.

and then you get a ride in one of his cars. im not going to get into details, but if you want your driving skills truly humbled then hang on. if you are not shocked at his ability and car control, then you are either stephan roser or blinded by your own delusions of grandeur. he will gladly show you his 911 but don't ask for a ride unless you are willing to pay all fines incurred on said ride. instead go for a ride in his cooper s then multiply that experience by about 4 or 5. that will approximate the experience of his 911. i wont even discuss motorcyles.

i am not posting this to encourage sol. i dont think fast driving and reckless driving are the same. sol is anything but reckless. i post this because the one thing that should be appreciated the most about perfect power is that when your car leaves it is able to perform at your ability to drive, because sol has made sure it performs at his.