996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Rear Spoiler Warning Light Problem Solved <$100

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 05:20 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AzScott
Here is what I have going on, I would appreciate any suggestions.. My wife bought an '05 996TT in May of this year that only had 9900 miles so obviously it sat a lot. Now it is a DD. After a month or two she got the spoiler light while driving to work and the spoiler would not go up. We took into our highly respected local Pcar shop and they could not find anything wrong saying it functioned fine for them ~30 times. All was good for about 6 weeks and now the spoiler stays up and there are no fault lights at all. After exploring around the wires but not taking any parts off, it worked for one day but now we are back to it staying up, no fault lights of any sort. I'm thinking loose microswitches based upon my reading here.. Thoughts? TIA, Scott
you need to get the wing down to start over. I suspect you have a faulty microswitch. They are like fine Swiss watches inside and highly prone to failure. Make sure the red and black wires to the hydraulic power pack are hooked up tightly. If not working, to lower the wing, disconnect the red and black wires, and use a battery charger to lower the wing. Send me an email and I'll call you to work through further diagnosis.

djcooper@rennkit.com

Old 09-28-2015, 12:17 PM
AzScott is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies; I had some unanticipated travel but am now back and can try some of this. Dave C; I will send you an email so we can work on this off-line, I really appreciate the help.

I don't know that "playing" with the wires did anyting, it was not immediate, I just know it worked the next day.. To my non-mechanical mind it certainly sounds like something loose/a bad microswitch..

Thanks again,

Scott

Old 09-28-2015, 01:22 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AzScott
Here is what I have going on, I would appreciate any suggestions..

My wife bought an '05 996TT in May of this year that only had 9900 miles so obviously it sat a lot. Now it is a DD. After a month or two she got the spoiler light while driving to work and the spoiler would not go up. We took into our highly respected local Pcar shop and they could not find anything wrong saying it functioned fine for them ~30 times. All was good for about 6 weeks and now the spoiler stays up and there are no fault lights at all. After exploring around the wires but not taking any parts off, it worked for one day but now we are back to it staying up, no fault lights of any sort.

I'm thinking loose microswitches based upon my reading here.. Thoughts?

TIA,

Scott
I went full electric this weekend and I can say good bye to leaky rams forever . . . KH

Old 09-28-2015, 03:10 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
I never enjoyed any of the wing function, it went south - right after I bought the car. so i removed entire motor with assembly- I prefer sleeper look anyways.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by khiroshima
I went full electric this weekend and I can say good bye to leaky rams forever . . . KH
Kevin, thanks again for installing my eRam kit. There are over 20 kits installed out there - my website is about to go live!

Last edited by DaveCarrera4S; 09-29-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by MadWhip
I never enjoyed any of the wing function, it went south - right after I bought the car. so i removed entire motor with assembly- I prefer sleeper look anyways.
I like the sleeper look too. But what about the warning in your manual that states the car should not be driven at high speed without wing function. The design of the wing is to push down on the back end at speed, no doubt to avoid oversteer.