996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PCCB to Steel Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 10:52 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
PCCB to Steel Conversion Kit

Following the many problems with the Ceramic discs and the ridiculous cost of replacing, Carnewal (a big Belgian Porsche parts supplier) now do a full conversion kit to convert PCCB equipped GT2s and GT3s back to steel.

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p96172.htm

This uses the GT3 front discs and also GT3/Turbo rear calipers/330mm discs, but with yellow calipers to match the fronts.

This entire kit costs less than a single exchange PCCB disc.

Old 07-17-2004, 12:18 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
are you running this kit? how does it affect braking performance? How much more do the discs weigh?

Is there anyone in America selling a kit like this?

-Steve

Old 07-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
No- I'm still running my 2nd set of PCCBs, but I'm watching the rotors deteriorate slowly.

Steel rotors offer the exact same braking performance as PCCB, it's been proven a million times (they are fitted to GT3s after all). The only disadvantage is the extra 16kg of weight..........oh and having to clean brake dust again........

Old 07-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Banned
FAT-911 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Guy
No- I'm still running my 2nd set of PCCBs, but I'm watching the rotors deteriorate slowly.

Steel rotors offer the exact same braking performance as PCCB, it's been proven a million times (they are fitted to GT3s after all). The only disadvantage is the extra 16kg of weight..........oh and having to clean brake dust again........
What pads are you using on the PCCB setup?

Old 07-17-2004, 12:01 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
It was only a matter of time.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:35 PM
Guy
Yellow Porsche Sport Pads.

Old 07-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Guy
Yellow Porsche Sport Pads.
Im running the same on my car and have never had any concerns, however when I track the car I change to the green pads, you may also want to look at some aftermarket cooling ducts etc.

Good luck anyway.

Old 07-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Guy
I've only done one proper track-day in it on the 2nd set of discs, the rest of the 4,000 miles they've had is road use only, albeit it fast road use when driven.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
BMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond reputeBMiller33 has a reputation beyond repute
Bringing this one back from the dead...
Any other options out there to convert PCCB to steel rotors? I am looking at a 996TT x50 with the PCCBs. I'd really prefer the steel rotors. A couple of questions besides the above. Do the steel turbo rotors have the same offset as the ceramics? I am guessing they are not a direct replacement? Can the yellow calipers that come with the ceramics be used with the steel (I believe these are 6-piston v. the red 4-piston)? What about just sticking with the ceramics, what issues am I facing besides heavy cost of replacement (which is how much)? Thank you!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
You should be able to use 997 Turbo rotors or aftermarket rotors like Girodiscs if you track. I upgraded from stock 996TT brakes to the GT3 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears and ran 997TT discs. They were a direct bolt up. Now I'm using Girodiscs on the front, 997TT discs on the rear. Front and rears are 350mm discs.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:14 AM
smdubovsky will become famous soon enough
I have an X50 w/ PCCBs. x2 on what larry said. 997TT steel rotors front&rear bolt right up for track use. Still use the PCCBs on the street (no dust). Was only an issue long ago before the 997tt rotors came out. The only option before was custom/expensive. Not a problem anymore as there are multiple solutions.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
You can switch to the Brembo 2pc option and Pagid pads. This is the same sizing as the 997TT and I run these also. Many PCCB guys switch because of the longevity and simple replacement costs. I would advise on going with the Brembo if you do alot of track days. They will last 3 times longer then the stock drilled 997TT and their McLaren hardware makes only the disk the consumable item and not the hat like others. Check it out - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...rotors&x=0&y=0

Install article - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...-vr-997tt.html

Old 07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
smdubovsky will become famous soon enough
Like I said. Multiple solutions now

Vivid, out of curiosity what do the replacement rotors cost w/o hats? Don't see them on the website.

Last edited by smdubovsky; 07-02-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
No problem... When you are ready to replace the Brembo 2pc rotors, you must also do the hardware as it is 1x use only and should not be retorqued. Another difference with the Patented McLaren hardware that others try to simulate.

Front rotors for example are $495/disc and hardware is $80/side.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
bsprad is on a distinguished road
Here's a relatively affordable solution to remove the pccb while retaining all Porsche parts. This is likely the kit I'll go with when I have any issues with mine.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=996ttceramics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCCB to Steel Conversion Kit