996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good bye '04 C4S, hello '04 tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Good bye '04 C4S, hello '04 tt

Traded in my '04 C4S for a new turbo (seal grey/black with GT3 wheels, etc.) I loved the C4S, but it felt darn slow compared to my (RS6) sedan. The new turbo fixed that problem!

Question I have is about the turbo v. C4S power delivery. The C4S' engine was as smooth as butter throughout the RPM range. The turbo seems to have a very slight hesitation in the 2-3K RPM range. When I'm stuck in traffic or driving slow, the turbo is not nearly as smooth as the C4S was. Of course, once I hit the gas and the rev's climb, everything feels wonderful. Any thoughts or is this just "the nature of the beast"?

Another question - salesman said to ignore the 2K break-in and just drive it hard. What's the current thinking on this from the board?

TIA

Old 07-27-2004, 01:42 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
It is probably the variocam plus you're feeling. This is your second turbo, isn't it? Are you planning on keeping this one longer?

Greg A

Old 07-27-2004, 05:06 AM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Congrats and break her in.

Old 07-27-2004, 05:11 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good bye '04 C4S, hello '04 tt

Originally posted by Alan
...The turbo seems to have a very slight hesitation in the 2-3K RPM range. When I'm stuck in traffic or driving slow, the turbo is not nearly as smooth as the C4S was....TIA
Sephen's Stage 4 GT kit will fix up any of those pesky hesitation probems you are experiencing! Congratulations on the new car!

Mike

Old 07-27-2004, 05:26 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Alan,
You are just in time!!!!
This upcoming Sunday we are having a HUGE 6Speed Porsche Meet in North Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE TO COME!!

Go here for the details.....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&threadid=9690

You need to contact Michele with a headcount since we need to inform the restaurant.

We currently have over 50 cars attending!!!

Hope to see you there!!

Old 07-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is on a distinguished road
Hi Alan!
What a great excuse to take you new ride out, Hawk's Nest!
Great Roads, Great People & alot of fun
Hope you can join us!

Old 07-28-2004, 03:59 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is on a distinguished road

Traded in my '04 C4S for a new turbo (seal grey/black with GT3 wheels, etc.) I loved the C4S, but it felt darn slow compared to my (RS6) sedan. The new turbo fixed that problem!

Question I have is about the turbo v. C4S power delivery. The C4S' engine was as smooth as butter throughout the RPM range. The turbo seems to have a very slight hesitation in the 2-3K RPM range. When I'm stuck in traffic or driving slow, the turbo is not nearly as smooth as the C4S was. Of course, once I hit the gas and the rev's climb, everything feels wonderful. Any thoughts or is this just "the nature of the beast"?

Another question - salesman said to ignore the 2K break-in and just drive it hard. What's the current thinking on this from the board?

TIA
Lag in the 2-3k rpm range... solution: ECU, Diverter Valves, and Exhaust upgrade = 100+ HP/TQ increase, 1.0 bar max boost, instant turbo spool up at 2-3k rpms, ****-eating grins all day long, E55s, 360s, Gallardos, R6s in rearview mirror getting smaller by the second!

your salesman obviously didnt like you, is jealous you bought the car... call his manager and tell them he told you this and ask him where he will pick up his unemployment check. no break in, are you kidding me?!!?

Old 07-28-2004, 07:59 AM
mal28 is on a distinguished road
here we go again, another break in question. I am a physician and for over 30 years I have seen patients who think that because they spent 30 minutes talking to the infamous "they", or more recently spent 15 minutes on the net, that they know more medicine than I do. I spent 11 years learing to be a doctor, the porsche teams spent many years designing and building the engine., I know medicine, they know engines. Listen to your doctor for medical advice and porsche engineers for engine advice!
follow the break-in period as described in the manual. I have done just this on many cars (several jags, bmw's porsches' saab turbos etc and have never had an engine problem

Old 07-28-2004, 08:04 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
I didn't break in the Turbo really at all. I tried to not drive hard all alot but I could not help myself at times. Car is still fine and since the new comes in march I will still have warrenty on the 03 till sold so I don't really care Im glad I drove it.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:28 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I was sliding sideways off the showroom floor hitting 7k Rpm in each gear on the TT Left plenty of rubber in front of the dealership as well Kidding - Take it easy at first break her in right and you wont regret it

Old 07-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice

What's the current thinking on this from the board?
I would follow the break-in recommended by Porsche (in the owner's manual).

Congrats on your car.