996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For all the people in NY/CT/NJ 800+hp TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned
CarChrisM5 is on a distinguished road
For all the people in NY/CT/NJ 800+hp TT

UPDATE: First draft of flyer, I know it needs work, but i wanted to get something up here before the weekend

Hello,
The shop I work at is hosting a small get together at our shop. We will have a few vendors, people will be able to see our shop, get some BBQ and talk cars. To give you a brief idea we do high performance work as seen on this 996, we also do restorations (356 shop car) and lots of high powered audio. Also we do resto-mods and car storage, so a little bit of everything and a very knowledgeable and diverse crew. Please be honest, how many people would consider showing up? its in Stamford, CT. We will have cars on display, some vendors showing products and it will be a very laid back environment with car enthusiasts.
One of the main attractions is this 996TT. It is over 800bhp and is going to be featured in the upcoming "Power Issue" for European car, the article has already been written and photoshoot has already taken place. The magazine should be out in mid Sept. It was also in the Great American Run last summer, the cross country rally, placed 17th and had the highest recorded speed on the run (201mph)

Engine
Modified Garrett GT750 High Flow turbochargers
Upgraded high pressure wastegates
CNC machined billet aluminum wastegate mounts
Billet Diverter Valves
Proprietary/ PES Engine Management Software
High Output Sport Stainless Steel Exhaust with 100 Cell Catalysts
V-Flow Air Induction System
44.5 mm Primary Tube Stainless Steel Headers
Silicone Boost Hose Conversion with Diverter Valve "F" Hose
70mm High LFlow Turbo Air Inlet Ducts (plastic)
Bostch Large Bore Bosch Throttle Body
CNC Machined Throttle Body Adapters with Venturi
Modified Large Diameter "Y" Pipe
Clubsport Intercooler Upgrade
Braidied and Fire Jacketed Fuel Line Upgrade Kit with Fuel Fitler Kit, Adapters, Clips
Modified Fuel Rails
High Flow Fuel Injectors
NGK Racing Spark Plugs
Custom Cryogenics intercooler sprayer set (with purge)

Transmission
Kleeman Strengthened Mercedes Transmission

Suspension
Brembo Monoblock brake upgrade (6 Piston with 408mm front discs, 4 piston rear with 380mm rear discs)
KW V-3 Coilover Suspension
Eibach adjustable front and rear sway bars
Das Roll Bar

Exterior
PES G5 wheels powder coated black
TechArt GTS Body Kit

Interior/ Electronics
GT3 Race Seats with custom covering
Valentine 1 radar built in
Front and rear laser diffusers
Alpine in dash touch-screen monitor with full navigation
Morel 3-way speakers (6", 4" and 1")
Morel 10" Subwoofer
2 Audison amplifiers

I would really appreciate any input to help make this get together successful as it is our first "official" one and we would like for it to not be the only one.

Last edited by CarChrisM5; 07-03-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned
NineNine6 is on a distinguished road
Which shop is this?

Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned
Of course, how could i forget that part

Performance Outfitters Group
www.performanceoutfitters.com

Old 06-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Are you trying to say that this car is putting 800 whp down on a stock motor? What are "Garret GT 750 turbos...they are either GT 28's or GT 30's. I assume that they are GT 30's, although they will get you no where near 800 hp. GT 35's are necessary for 800 hp with the mods you have and they would grenade a stock motor.

Since you are from an M5 I am going to cut you some slack but you do have some explaining to do.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned
NineNine6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Are you trying to say that this car is putting 800 whp down on a stock motor? What are "Garret GT 750 turbos...they are either GT 28's or GT 30's. I assume that they are GT 30's, although they will get you no where near 800 hp. GT 35's are necessary for 800 hp with the mods you have and they would grenade a stock motor.

Since you are from an M5 I am going to cut you some slack but you do have some explaining to do.
I believe they're referring to brake horsepower. Not to the wheels. They are probably running GT28's.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Good shop.... great guys .... lots PCA and track experience.... They know their stuff.
I'll be there.

Elliot

Old 06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I thought it was British, lol. But even 800 at the flywheel is a gross exaggeration and does not help credibility. Don't mean to be a party pooper, but dyno please.

No doubt, the car is fast and the IC spray is interesting.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned
They are hybrid turbos, and the car is 800+ at the crank, dyno'ed at 685whp. I do realize i didn't explain so no offense was taken, but just to let you know, we are a legitamite shop, and we know our cars, this is one of our shop cars. thank you TurboHead for backing us up, we may sneak a steak in for you at the get together amongst the burgers

Old 06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned
I know that doesn't say what trim they are because I don't know off the top of my head, but i was not the individual who built the car, but everything is credible, you are more than welcome to stop in and see the car and talk it over with the guy who designed it here, and again this is not some exaggerated claim because it was verified by European Car for the article, and Tony at PES did some tuning and I'm pretty sure he had the actual dyno sheet for those of you who know PES

Old 06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
WOW that Dr Jitsu sure is snappy.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Those gauges come as a kit?

Old 06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Just you simmer down there Ms Walnut....don't make me bring Mindy over and have her whup up on Co Co....Now back to the OT.

685, outstanding. They must be GT 30's because I am just breaking 605 on my set up w/ GT 28's and I have a full Proto fuel system and MAF that this car does not have.

However I would be concerned about putting down 685 to the wheels w/ only a stock MAF and one fuel pump which this car has. Actually, I have never heard of anyone making that power w/ the stock TT fuel pump. I guess the builders have some magic up their sleeves to make that power safely.

It must run about a 6 flat in the 60-130 and should be at the top of the 6 speed rankings, then. Impressive.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-30-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Doc

why arent you making more power ?
i know of a gt28 car that makes mid 66x to the wheels...

not trying to start anything, but im very curious why it isnt making more power?
are you running on a conservative boost setting ?
or maybe the 605rwhp is on a conservative dyno ?

Old 06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Is this car a EVOMS GT750 kit? If so then it is supposed to have a engine build and the turbos are gt30 with kkk24 housing non-ball bearings.

However this car sounds like a GT700 kit with gt28 with kkk16 housing non-ball bearing turbos.

My car made 645 at the wheels with my GT700 kit and now it makes 707 at the wheels on gt28 with kkk16 housings and 3.8l built motor, but I have modified turbo's with 71mm wheels and ball bearings.

Jag

Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
Doc

why arent you making more power ?
i know of a gt28 car that makes mid 66x to the wheels...

not trying to start anything, but im very curious why it isnt making more power?
are you running on a conservative boost setting ?
or maybe the 605rwhp is on a conservative dyno ?
Because I don't have grossly exaggerated dyno numbers. I know a dyno that would give me 650 in the winter, I made 580 (on that dyno) on pump gas before my fuel system, cat deletes and other upgrades. I also ran a 7.7 60-130. After my last round of upgrades I made 605 on Todds dyno at 1.3 bars (we were limited becuase he is on the top of a mountain...and it was 105 degrees in his shop that day). Look at my 60-130 time.

What GT 28 car are you referencing and what is its 60-130 time.

EDit: Jags makes that power because he has a built and stroked motor (and evoms fuel system...I believe it uses the Aeromotive pump) which illustrates my point.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 06-30-2008 at 04:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all the people in NY/CT/NJ 800+hp TT