996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Twin Turbo Shootout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:51 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Ah man this is not lookin' good... I think Todd, myself and Stephen will have put a call in and find out what's what

Old 10-04-2004, 06:49 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Doug,

I really don't care for the awd dyno. Maybe I'm just behind the times.

Old 10-04-2004, 07:20 AM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv
Doug,

I really don't care for the awd dyno. Maybe I'm just behind the times.
You...? "Behind the times"? Never!!

My comment has more to do with what I see to be a time / hassle / potential problem issue (so many disconnecting drivelines, '**** happening' etc.) than me suggesting that an AWD is in any way "better".

They already say they don't think the numbers can matter and will not matter, so it seems that making life easy on participants would be the right thing to do...

Old 10-04-2004, 07:23 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
It almost sounds like it would be better to skip the dyno and go directly to the contests.

Hey, that would give me an extra day to get ready.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:26 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, if Toyo is the tire sponsor and the hotel is indeed a motel and not a Bellagio, Paris type of hotel, I say we all back out of this event.

Sorry but $3600 per car for WRONG tires, Poor hotel, and who knows what else is simply not worth it to me. Losing a couple of days of work better be justified accordingly.

thanks to those who planned to attend for speaking up!

Fred

Old 10-04-2004, 09:30 AM
cjv
I'd wait to find out what hotel they have planned. Judging from the way it is being set up they are looking strictly for tuner cars or cars that represent a particular tuner.

Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Its looks like the TWIN TURBO SHOOT-OUT is going to die. How did this happen? Did Bernie Ecclestone santion it.......how id it get so loused up?

Someone should call Excellence Magazine, CAR & DRIVER and or the last magazine that did the 1st shoot-out and get it back on track. This shouldnt be so complicated.............any Porsche Twin Turbo should be allowed in too. 993TT and 996TT.

KEEP IT SIMPLE Format:
DYNO Runs=
1/4 Mile ET and speed=
Road course time=
scaled weight#=
==================================

Sounds like people are bailing..............what a shame!

Old 10-04-2004, 10:14 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
At this point it is only for tuners. At least that has been the implied thought.

Don't forget those of us that have to pay for transportation. I have another 1500 each way to eat.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:11 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
and also, don't forget airline tickets!!!

Old 10-05-2004, 12:16 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Hey how about us all the way out on the east coast!!! Our cost is $1500 each way for each of the 2 cars we are sending plus the 3600 a car... this is a $13,200 investment for us plus plane tickets and all the other BS we will spend money on there... If things keep going the way they are going I am not so sure we will be going either.....
Evan

Old 10-05-2004, 01:01 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
GEE.................it gets worse. Only TUNERS CARS need apply? That is rediculous and not right.

1sT)
That weeds out alot of guys with TUNER cars unless the actual tuner comes out to the event (do able BUT what if the Tuner must stay at their home base and build engines and/or run the business). A Tuner shouldnt have to attend if the car is properly prepaired.

2) Most 996TT & 993TT cars have a variety of parts and performance combinations-- do the cars have to have only 1 tuners parts. That is nonsense and means that someone/firm could slap stickers on the few cars that might show and "WIN" the Tuner shootout by DEFAULT!

3) Participants have to RUN crappy tires and comply with other
nonsensical rules WHILE spending $10,000-$20,000 to give magazine's AWESOME reading material that will increase the magazines circulation.

4) Who and what group of people DEFINES "what is the correct TUNER car"?

4) This all sounds as if "someone is deliberately creating a barrier to entry" (Economics 101) that will reduce competition and the participants so that RUF or someone else can walk in and WIN and get all the coverage.

5) Its very "STRANGE" that Excellence and Porsche Panorama DID NOT provide and coverage on the 1st Tuner shootout and or results and etc. Even the blind random, unbiased 996TT exhaust DYNO shootout results never got POSTED!

Have a great day
Joe w/
Alex, Melissa, and Bill

Old 10-05-2004, 09:51 AM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Hey how about us all the way out on the east coast!!! Our cost is $1500 each way for each of the 2 cars we are sending plus the 3600 a car... this is a $13,200 investment for us plus plane tickets and all the other BS we will spend money on there... If things keep going the way they are going I am not so sure we will be going either.....
Evan
bb.. b. but... don't be so cheap.

Think about it this way...

Your $13k investment lets you share a room in a motel 6 just out past the airport runway in LostWages Nevada babee!!! And you know what they say, don't you? "What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas!" (Well, at least until the pictures are posted on the internet.)

Scheesch! WTF do you 6speedbrigadoon types expect for a measely $13k anyway?

(j/k about the motel... I have no idea where the rooms are, but I do know where all the smooth young men will be... in Sharky's room.)

Old 10-05-2004, 10:06 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by SANDOVAL
I will definatley be part of the So.Cal Caravan because I know we will have a crowd.
that'll be nice as long as we don't get pull over on the I15

Old 10-06-2004, 12:21 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by dpblessing
bb.. b. but... don't be so cheap.
Think about it this way...
Your $13k investment lets you share a room in a motel 6 just out past the airport runway in LostWages Nevada babee!!! And you know what they say, don't you? "What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas!" (Well, at least until the pictures are posted on the internet.)
Scheesch! WTF do you 6speedbrigadoon types expect for a measely $13k anyway?
(j/k about the motel... I have no idea where the rooms are, but I do know where all the smooth young men will be... in Sharky's room.)

Old 10-06-2004, 01:42 AM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by dpblessing

All the tip drivers will be in sharky's room

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo Shootout