996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Techart rear wing type 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:48 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Techart rear wing type 2

How come isn't there anybody making a copy of that wing? I want one so bad but they cost over 6k, can't beleive paying over 6k when you can get a replica of the GT2 for only 1500, which seems to be more complicated to make than the Techart...

i was thinking of making my own by modifying the stock deck lid and transform my add on wing to make it like the Techart but i am afraid i will screw both my deck lid and the wing...

anyone ever done something that looks like this wing? I think it looks better than the GT2, can't beleive their isn't any copy anywhere, we don't have much choice in terms of affordable rear wing for the 996tt...

any thoughts?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:51 PM
StrtSwpr996 is on a distinguished road
Sexiest wing ever for the 996tt.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Somehow a bit sad when people on this site are buying replica-everything. Are the guys on the watch-forums buying only fake-Rolexs "because they are as good as originals"....?

There is a risk you make the car look a bit "cheap" when going for replica this and that. But perhaps I should change my view, these cars are today cheap...

But I agree that 6k for that wing is too much. You should get one cheaper, contact some other shops.

I respect the 996TT as a super car and TechArt as a tuning company (styling great and wind tunnel tested) and would only get original for my car (like I have, Type I full kit though)

Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
well i am ready to pay when it comes to engine parts, turbos, suspension, etc, but for a piece of fiberglass, i have a hard time paying that much... If it was selling for 2-3k, i would buy it, but 6K (i was conservative on this price, it is actually more than that) it is nuts.

I don't mind having one that looks like that and is not a perfect match, it can be different but i find it sad that the only rear wing we have as an option is a add on wing or a GT2, not much else in terms of choice.

i'd rather buy more important thing with my money than an overpriced wing.

but i get your point

Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM
polar3 will become famous soon enoughpolar3 will become famous soon enough
Bringing this back from the past but anyone making a replica of this wing yet??

Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM
quick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the roughquick968 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by polar3
Bringing this back from the past but anyone making a replica of this wing yet??
Have you contacted Precision Porsche, MA Shaw, or Misha and ask if they are making one? MaShaw in particular alreay has the GT3RS type wing setup, which looks like you could modify the uprights to lower the wing to a less extreme position. Just a thought.

Cheers
Mikey

Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM
i beleive the price of the original techart has dropped a lot, i beleive i read from GMG it was around 2k

Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Doyle4281 is on a distinguished road
I too must resurrect this thread, someone needs to make a replica version of this spoiler.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
silverbullet996TT is on a distinguished road
Best wing ever...glad I've got one

Old 02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silverbullet996TT
Best wing ever...glad I've got one
+1. I have been looking at the GT2 replicas for quite awhile. However, this wing is causing me to reach for my wallet.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 PM
votrix is on a distinguished road
Sometimes you just gotta save that lunch money for the real-deal ...

"

Attached Images   
Old 02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Doyle4281 is on a distinguished road
Gorgeous!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 AM
cburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of lightcburke996 is a glorious beacon of light
So what happens to the two holes in the spoiler where the original hydraulic posts used to be?

Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Banned
Sql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to behold
Good question!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Techart rear wing type 2