996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

trunk light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm....you got me on that one...this means chasing circuits, and I'm out of my element when it comes to reading hieroglyphics in a schematic...you need someone with more intellect than I have for that answer.

You're saying that if you leave he hood adjar and push the remote lock button, that the car doesn't give you a little "beep" to warn you that something is open?...your explanation about "if I open the hood the light goes on in the trunk too" is confusing. Either the light goes on or it doesn't. If it doesn't, it's either the bulb, micro switch, or fuse. But you're also saying that there is no warning light on the dash to tell you that the hood is open if you leave it adjar and start your car?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:39 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
if i open the trunk ( luggage compartment ) the check light in the car doesn't appear and if i close the car with the trunk open there is no "beep" BUT if i open the engine compartment the light in the car goes on !

if the trunk is opened ( the light is not working ) and i open the engine compartment the light in the trunk goes on ! spooky !!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
don't let me now please !

Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I truly believe you need a priest....I don't know which chapter they use for exorcism, but at this point, you need someone with a voltmeter and an ability to check circuits. There's too many different things going on.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 PM
markporsche is on a distinguished road
Go to the stealership

Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 AM
wes911Mill is on a distinguished road
Smile 2000 Porsche 911 trunk light not working-easy 1-touch fix

Just experienced this on the 2000 911 Millennium I just bought. Probably from dropping the hood to close it? But, I tested the light socket and have power but no ground so has to be the latch micro-switch. Facing the front of the vehicle I touched the inside right hand side of the latch assembly where the black micro-switch is and the light illuminated. So I avoided that non-sense of replacing the switch and the wires must go into the luggage compartment as they are not visible when looking down at the switch. So jiggle that switch first. Also when closing the hood, gently lower it on to the latch, then with both palms gently press the hood closed to latch it. Remember this is an over-priced, over-engineered Temperamental German Automobile which demands love and respect or it will F^&**( every chance it gets. Knowing this If I had children I would send them to school to be a Porsche Mechanic; screw being a doctor, lawyer, RN, etc. They will make more money working on Porsche's.