996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

my rollbars popped up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 09:20 AM
OKHJOON190 is on a distinguished road
Angry my rollbars popped up

ok now i was driving a little crazy, and my rollbars popped up... now i dont know how to get them down, and my top will only go up half way ... can anyone help me out?

Old 09-29-2004, 09:33 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
who needs a top!

how crazy where you driving? I thought that thing only popped up when a wheel left the ground

Old 09-29-2004, 09:45 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Wow thats awsome!!!! I would leave them up to prove your crazy

Old 09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
jwa
jwa will become famous soon enough
my guess is to go to the dealer to see if they can bring them down....btw that must have been really intense driving

Old 09-29-2004, 10:20 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Thats like my goal when the Turbo S arrives.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Were you inverted?

Old 09-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I just did the same thing in a new CLK 500 cabrio at the LoveMercedes Tour. I was under maximum braking and the road was bumpy and they shot right up. It also activated the Teleaid SOS and a lady from Mercedes starts talking to me, asking if I am ok. I said I am just test driving the car! She says, "OK, have a nice day."

Old 09-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah my dad got the role bar to go up in the sl 500. But merc roll bars always come up if there is turbulance it seems.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
mroden is on a distinguished road
I had the same thing happen in my '99 911 cab. In that particular vehicle, there was a release switch down inside the car near the base of the roll bar. I was able to move that switch and just push the roll bar down until it clicked back into place. I was driving a bit crazy myself. I spun it around twice....

Old 09-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
considering you blew 2 SL55 engines, I can't say I'm surprised

Old 09-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Rex0071% is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL, man you're lucky you dont have a BMW. If the roll bar pops up with the roof on it goes through the top of the window, on an E36 at least anyway.

Can we get some vids of your driving?

Old 09-29-2004, 05:50 PM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Periokid
I just did the same thing in a new CLK 500 cabrio at the LoveMercedes Tour. I was under maximum braking and the road was bumpy and they shot right up. It also activated the Teleaid SOS and a lady from Mercedes starts talking to me, asking if I am ok. I said I am just test driving the car! She says, "OK, have a nice day."
Haha, I had quite a blast there too. Too bad there weren't any AMG offerings to test.

vid of me in the SL500

Old 09-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Originally posted by eshaun
Haha, I had quite a blast there too. Too bad there weren't any AMG offerings to test.

vid of me in the SL500
Nice. My favorite car was the SL500, which surprised me because I usually prefer smaller, lighter cars. I wish there was an SL55. Interestingly, the course you drove was much different then mine. I guess it is not a set course but different at each location.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally posted by Periokid I wish there was an SL55.[/B]
What do you mean? There IS an SL55.

Old 09-30-2004, 02:15 AM
OKHJOON190 is on a distinguished road
rollbars on the sl come up if you do anything performance related ... you cant even do some normal doughnuts in the sl without the darn things popping up ... on the turbo it took a bit more practice to get those things to shoot out. lets just say i was having some fun ... mroden was correct ... i only had to hold down the latch and push the rollbars back down ... its funny that the rollbars (when up) look like the rollbars on a bmw z4 ... thats it i will never compare any ther part of my car to a bmw ever again ... ok i feel sick now ... maybe its because of my driving

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my rollbars popped up