996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone recommend a good DUI lawyer in chicago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
anyone recommend a good DUI lawyer in chicago?

a friend of mine got arrested for a DUI a few nights ago in the suburbs outside of Chicago. Can anyone recommend someone who has a good record winning his cases? thanks in advance.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I would suggest getting a new friend instead...

Old 03-05-2009, 07:54 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
+1 with Chad

Old 03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
If you want to know the short story- he was innocent.

If you want the long story, he is new to the area driving and was driving very late at night. The others in the car were drunk and he was the designated driver. His drunk friends were telling him to turn left and right, so he made a very quick and abrupt turn which caught the attention of the police officer. He didn't have a drink and passed all of the field sobriety tests but was taken into the station probably due to his attitude. He was so angry that he refused to take the breathalyzer test because he passed everything earlier. Anyways, he was written up because he refused.

He was able to post $300 bail himself, and the police officer questioned why he had so much $ in his pocket? To take things even further, the police officer even wrote some false statements on the report to probably cover his own ***.

Last edited by sc_trojan; 03-05-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I dont personally have confidence in the justice system. If you friend is truly innocent, I wish him the best of luck!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
soothsayer will become famous soon enough
My friend used a DUI lawyer that is a retired judge. I think his name is either George or James Geocaris Sr. When they walked into the courtroom, the preciding judge told him that its an honor to have him there....needless to say the ruling was favorable.. Good luck.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raineycd
I would suggest getting a new friend instead...
It's amazing how presumtious people can be as to guilt or innocence. Now that you know more about the incident, do you have any inclination to retract these comments?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
+1 with Chad
Ditto to you^^^^. I think the question was if you know someone in the Chicago area to help with a DUI case. Sounds like we can interpret you comment as a no and that maybe you just have too much time on your hands.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Chad and Steve,

You guys have any comments about this story?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-i-got-4.html

For what it's worth, I was not DUI and did not hit anyone.

back in 2002, I was busted for DUI and Hit/Run. Boy was that a trip through the twilight zone. The guy I allegedly hit on the hwy was an off duty cop. He followed me off the hwy to near my home and I pulled over. Moments later multiple city cop cars come screeching up like I was in the process of robbing a bank. I was sitting on the tailgate of my pickup. All the cops go over to the off duty cop and decide what to do, which was to interview me, give me a sobriety test arrest me in handcuffs and throw me in a squad car.

Then they realized that the alleged incident happened on the hwy outside city limits. So they call the CHP and "unarrest me" we wait for 45 minutes for the CHP to show up, who gives me a whole new sobriety test. The local cops are upset now because I'm passing the test (as I did before) and they look bad in front of the CHP.

The CHP finally arrests me on advice of the cops and off to jail I go. My truck is impounded, obviously, with my motocross bike in the back. My license was immediately suspended for 6 months. I filed for a DMV phone hearing with my attorney, the off duty cop and a DMV official. I had my vehicle photographed the day after the incident and used these photos during the hearing to prove that the police report was wrong about the supposed damage to my truck. It didn't matter and the DMV suspended my license and required completion of a 6 month DUI class and pay a $1000 fine. I appealed the decision (for a cost of $250 and 3 months waiting w/ no license--bastards) and had another DMV official review the case, who forturnately saw the obvious and re-instated my license. They send me a letter to go to the CA DMV of my choice to get my license back at no cost. But now I still had to deal w/ all the criminal proceedings.

I didn't pay the $1000 fine that was reversed but they sent it to a collection agency anyway and now I'm getting calls at home almost everyday and I try to explain that I don't have to pay it and to check their records. No avail, they keep calling.

The whole thing went to trial and what a circus it was. There were just to many pertinent details to mention here, but the result was that I was found not guilty of H/R but guilty of DUI. Yea, pretty strange. So then, on appeal of the DUI, the DUI couldn't stand because the DMV had reinstated my license, partly because the final arrresting CHP officer would not say under oath that I failed the sobriety test.

A lot of time and money....

1 year later, I get a letter from the DMV. The letter says that because of my perfect driving record they are enclosing a new 4 year license so I don't have to take another exam or go to the DMV. I remember shaking my head when I read it and thinking $10K for this?

Remember, it can happen to you when you're least expecting it no matter your innocense. And the more cops involved at the original "incident" the worse it is. I remembered while being arrested, unarrested, etc., and old saw about boys that I applied to the 5 or 6 cops involved that day:

1 cop is okay. 2 cops is half a cop. And 3 cops is no cop at all.

Last edited by dtmarsh; 03-05-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Ditto to you^^^^. I think the question was if you know someone in the Chicago area to help with a DUI case. Sounds like we can interpret you comment as a no and that maybe you just have too much time on your hands.
dtmarsh - you seem to be a jerk. If you would have read the thread yourself, you see my reply to the more information. Like you are enhancing the post with your comments.

Sounds like you are the one with too much time. Drinking and driving is a serious issue and I think anyone doing it is an idiot. I still find it hard to believe getting arrested for no reason. Always two sides to the story...

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
luva966tt will become famous soon enoughluva966tt will become famous soon enough
Talking

A little bit of humilty would have gone a long way, I also had to learn the hard way

Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by sc_trojan
a friend of mine got arrested for a DUI a few nights ago in the suburbs outside of Chicago. Can anyone recommend someone who has a good record winning his cases? thanks in advance.
By the way, my answer is no, I don't know of anyone in the Chicago area to help, but I pray someone around here does. Good luck and keep your friend. Good ones are hard to find and he's forturnate to have you looking out for him like this.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
dtmarsh - you seem to be a jerk. If you would have read the thread yourself, you see my reply to the more information. Like you are enhancing the post with your comments.

Sounds like you are the one with too much time. Drinking and driving is a serious issue and I think anyone doing it is an idiot. I still find it hard to believe getting arrested for no reason. Always two sides to the story...
Chad, I too think anyone drinking and driving is an idiot. Can any thoughtful person disagree? I'm sure the officer had a reason for the arrest, but that doesn't equal guilt, as hard as you may find that to believe. So you've heard ONE side of the story and yet you choose to believe whatever the other side is. That doesn't sound rational. Do you also find it hard to believe slavery was legal in this country? Do you struggle with accepting the Holocaust as a fact?--That the Crusades actually happened? Perhaps you could spend less time advising others on who their friends should be and more time reading up on the history civil rights abuses, assuming you're will to admit that there have been some. It might make you a more thoughtful, balanced person. Just an idea. But don't take it too seriously if you're not willing to give up your attitude.

Last edited by dtmarsh; 03-05-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow, this thread is ruined... dtmarsh, I dont think comparing historical civil rights violations to someone riding around with a bunch of drunk people and not cooperating with the authorities is even close to apples to apples. I am sure Dr. Martin Luther King would roll over in his grave if slavery / civil rights were compared in this way. No way close.

I know many police officers and they all seem to be high strung. I could easily see things getting bad if someone did not cooperate. Even if things are not right. Being uncooperative to the authorities seems to be a bad idea.

As far as what I think, it is still a free country and I dont have to think the same way as you do. Sounds like communism. Are you a commie, dtmarsh?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I dont personally have confidence in the justice system. If you friend is truly innocent, I wish him the best of luck!
So you advise getting--after the arrest--a new friend and that you find it hard to believe he got arrested for no reason. But moments later you say you have no confidence in the justice system. So which is it? What exactly is your opinion? You know there are meds that can help bipolar from getting out of hand like this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone recommend a good DUI lawyer in chicago?