996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Max power on stock internals: Capping the HP/TQ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
I think someone could make 800rwhp on a stock bottom end. That car that Ryan (TXGold) posted up could have really done it. He would have to run a higher boost level and with a GT35R on a stock bottom end is that it's going to be really laggy. I don't see why it could not make that power though.

The key with Mark, Scott, Rob, etc.. is the head work and cams. I remember someone saying that Todd K. claimed that you could pick up close to a 100rwhp by doing both of them. Which I would not doubt at all. Better flow = more power regardless.
The power is in the heads, an old drag racers saying....amazing how it still applies now!
That's the key maximize flow so you can acheive more power with the same or less amount of boost. Also what about head sealing? I wonder if a car pushed at 800 RWHP for awhile would start pushing water?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I've read almost all the info here already. I am searching for the guy that is running 750rwhp with 750TQ level on stock motor. Perhaps some of the tuners might be able to give us the answer.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I'm anxious to find out. We're going to keep pushing our car and realize that eventually the engine could let go. When I guess we'll find out when we get there.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Jitsu touched on something important, how long do you want your motor to last?

I am currently at 700ish hp on pump gas, I wont go any further without doing internals. My understanding is the limitation of HP is the connecting rods/wrist pins (about 750ish Hp/Tq), however I would like to hear Divexx's experiences. I currently have the UMW 2c with K24/26's, they are basically detuned to support my current level, my tuner could allow allot more torque in the lower rpms and hp in the upper rpms, but the risk of lifting the heads and/or damaging the rods increases significantly. I havent heard much about the power limitations of the heads/valves/ cams etc...

That being said- you could raise the tq and hp to whatever you want, but I think its a gamble of how long the motor lasts.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
K24/26's? Wow, how far are you planning on taking this car? Those turbo's will take you to 1,000 RWHP with a built engine. I am curious though, what does a build like that cost?

Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Yep, its pretty quick, even at alititude. I'm planning internals next winter and then adjust the tune accordingly, thats as far as I am going....I think :-)

Kevin's in your neighborhood, pay him a visit and inquire abpout the 2c and intenals, he also has a sweet 3 and 4 kit as well.

Originally Posted by germeezy1
K24/26's? Wow, how far are you planning on taking this car? Those turbo's will take you to 1,000 RWHP with a built engine. I am curious though, what does a build like that cost?

Old 03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah I don't have a 996 Turbo, but been eyeing prices lately

Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I think I may try to go for some records myself. We will have to see what the future brings. Right now I need to fix my ABS/PSM light fixed because I can't even run high boost.

I will say this though if things work out people will **** bricks when they see what these Skinny White Dudes have done!!