996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I paint the center piece of my HRE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 01:25 AM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
Should I paint the center piece of my HRE?

This is how it looks now, and I am going to be getting my car back from kevin very shortly. I am thinking of playing with the wheels color and paint the center piece to black color and keep the polished lip. Would this look nice or I should just leave it the way it is?

If any of you are a photoshop guru, please help me to photoshop it so I can compare. Thanks.

Attached Images   
Old 03-14-2009, 05:19 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ken, i would do charcoal, anthracite or whater you want to call it, i think that color looks perfect on yellow.

here is an example on an nsx

Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2009, 05:21 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Although i seem to like the chrome/polish on your car though, not usually a fan but there is something on yours that makes it look right. I would keep it like that but if you really need to change, i would go for the dark gray.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:24 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Matte Black!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:57 AM
raffi is infamous around these parts
consider painting the whole thing rather than the center.
the painted center chrome/polished lip is kinda old now... if you want a contrast you can paint the lip a separate color.
i had that look on my champion wheels matte black center/polished lip and just redid it all charcoal and like it much more now.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
raffi have photos to show us the difference?

Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
i think yellow cars look great with black or charcoal wheels.. as the member 996twin mentioned matte black might be the up to date black to use

Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
Guys thanks for the opinions. The HRE are now hi polish and I think matte black with outer polish lip is a good suggestion! Any photoshop guru can assist me to decide??

And alex, have you received your parts yet?

Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Do flat black center with a polished lip

Old 03-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by kcphuah

And alex, have you received your parts yet?
No, they were not shipped yet but i spoke with Kevin, it should be allright.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I had a thread (sort of) on this earlier:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-question.html

The answer I got was: do NOT paint them, powder coat them. And IF you powder coat them, have HRE do it. Mine are older 3 pc wheels and needed to be taken apart to powder coat the centers. Everyone including HRE recommeded sending them back to HRE to do this. They replace all the hardware and it is critical that the wheels are not overheated during the powder coating process. Anyways, I passed, as it was way too much $$$. Going to go polished for a while. GL whichever way you go.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:17 PM
996ttDMB is infamous around these parts996ttDMB is infamous around these parts
How about that? very clean and different than most.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:51 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boca996tt
raffi have photos to show us the difference?
not exactly a perfect picture to compare but you can get an idea.
i dont have a pic without the red stripe to show you.
i currently removed the red stripe and will try a silver stripe

Attached Images