996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

School me on spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Question School me on spacers

Hey all...I've got an 02 with OEM hollow spokes. I like the wheels and am probably going to keep them for the life of the car (maybe...). But what I'd like to do is space the wheels out a little further so the outer edge of the tire sticks more past the lip of the rear bumper. From what I've measured, I'm probably looking at a 10-15mm spacer--is this about standard? If so, who makes/sells good ones and do they come with new wheel bolts? I would imagine it won't affect the wheel balance or alignment, right? I don't think I want to touch the front wheels...what's your opinions? Thanks guys

Old 04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
G35_Coupe is infamous around these parts
most guys with European cars go with H&R spacers, they come with extended bolts though, and the only problem with those is you have to take off your rotors and replace the bolts. They look like this, these would be better if you're keeping them on for a long time as everyone seems to think this style of spacer is more reliable than the ones with embedded bolts.

The other choice which is much more simple to install is to go with either Project Kics or Ichiba V2 spacers, they are the best spacers the Japanese make. They are hubcentric and they just bolt onto your wheel, you don't have to take off your rotor or anything and it wont screw with your alignment.. they look like this

PROJECT KICS

ICHIBA V2

Old 04-05-2009, 05:01 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I run 17mm spacers and they make the wheels sit perfectly.

Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Actually, I ran H&R 14mm hubcentric spacers in the rear with my stock hollow spokes and they were awesome. The difference in look is incredible. You don't have to take off the rotors or anything like that. You just put the spacer in between the hub and the wheel and use longer wheel bolts that come with it.
I just changed wheels and I don't need my spacers or longer lugs anymore. I was going to hold on to them, but if you want, I'll sell my old set to you.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:12 PM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Actually, I ran H&R 14mm hubcentric spacers in the rear with my stock hollow spokes and they were awesome. The difference in look is incredible. You don't have to take off the rotors or anything like that. You just put the spacer in between the hub and the wheel and use longer wheel bolts that come with it.
I just changed wheels and I don't need my spacers or longer lugs anymore. I was going to hold on to them, but if you want, I'll sell my old set to you.
PM sent

Old 04-05-2009, 07:33 PM
derm is infamous around these parts
I run 15mm front and back, no handling problem. The front looks perfect, but if I were to do it again, I would go for 18mm rear.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I have 15mm all around to and I think I could go another 2-3 mm in the rear but this was the safe move and made a big difference in look. With a nice drop it changes the way your car looks.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Have any photos? and what offsets and width did you get?

Old 04-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LiNks
Have any photos? and what offsets and width did you get?
Hey Dean. Funny you should post in this thread, it was seeing your car that day we went to the strip that made me want to get the spacers. I loved them while I had them and it looked so much better, but I got a good deal on some wheels and made the move. You can see the new setup here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-tires.html

Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
so i can run 15mm spacers in the front? i just want to confirm this since i don't want to buy a set and have it not work =P

Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
derm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
so i can run 15mm spacers in the front? i just want to confirm this since i don't want to buy a set and have it not work =P
Sure! I think there are many 6-speeders running 15mm front as well.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys I bought Seal Grey's spacers and can't wait to get them on my TT I love this place, but hate being infected with this mod bug which seems to be going around

Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
anybody got a set of 21mm-30mm spacers/adapters they want to sell me?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:01 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by angldrkns9

I run 17mm in the front with stock wheels/offsets in my pic posted. No problem at all unless you run a huge tire. Like a 245 front or something.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I run 17mm in the front with stock wheels/offsets in my pic posted. No problem at all unless you run a huge tire. Like a 245 front or something.
thanks. i am currently using my SportTechno NB wheels on my 4S, no spacers in the front, 15mm in the rear.

i think i'll run the 15mm spacer in the front for now and find a 21-30mm spacer for the rear sport technos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: School me on spacers