996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto (orginally Suman's thread)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
With these vendors going out of business recently, it's difficult to trust anyone for service or purchase these days.

Ain't that the truth....

Last edited by topgun; 04-08-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Ain't that the truth....
Is UMW still in business? How is your build comming along?

Jag

Old 04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Holy crap, Stephen is a good guy, he wouldn't intentionally F anybody. This is a tough market, people buying Porsches' are small in number and the number modifying them is microscopic. Factor that in with the location, and I'm from Kansas, makes things extra tough. Even Crane Cams went under.
GL

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 04-08-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
This is a rough market, I wish only the best of luck to him. He has always been a great resource on this forum.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Feel your pain. That dude is a snake. He sold me a set of Dymags with questionable history to say the least, both condition AND ownership. My fault for not checking them out better, live and learn. Good luck with your situation.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Stephen did have a good rep here and in other places and as badly as I feel for his situation there is something that is not being said here...when you know you are going out of business and you let your customer's cars sit there in various stages of repair or fail to ship parts that have been paid for and then you don't communicate to those customers that the doors are about to be locked by the landlord, you are acting irresponsibly...if there had been any communication those customers could at least have taken some steps to recover parts/cars before they are locked up in some nightmare of liquidation. I hate when these things happen with board sponsors and especially when it happens with someone that has been a good sponsor in the past

Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Bingo, could not have said it better

Christian

Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
Stephen did have a good rep here and in other places and as badly as I feel for his situation there is something that is not being said here...when you know you are going out of business and you let your customer's cars sit there in various stages of repair or fail to ship parts that have been paid for and then you don't communicate to those customers that the doors are about to be locked by the landlord, you are acting irresponsibly...if there had been any communication those customers could at least have taken some steps to recover parts/cars before they are locked up in some nightmare of liquidation. I hate when these things happen with board sponsors and especially when it happens with someone that has been a good sponsor in the past

Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
Why was he banned?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
he was banned for breaking his sponsor agreement with IB..at the time there had been no member complaints...

Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I have been a customer in this circumstance in the past. The only advice I can give is get to the shop ASAP and get your stuff. Once the door is locked you will spend lots of $$$ with lawyers getting back what is already yours. The longer you wait the worse it will be.

Also don't focus on the condition of the car. Just get it in your control. Time and $ can fix the rest.

Best of luck to you!

Old 04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl is on a distinguished road
Stephen is a crook and his bad business practices finally caught up with him. The main reason you rarely hear anything bad about any sponsor on these boards is because the members & administrators usually run anyone off that dares to share their bad experience. Stephen was king over on Pelican until his bs caught up with him, so he found all of you pigeons on 6speed. I bought many parts from Stephen over the years and all was well, but I sent him my car and that's were the **** hit the fan.

So, all of you guys that choose your tuner based on opinions from these forums, beware, because only good experiences are allowed to be posted.

BTW, flame away all you like, I'm going to voice my opinion whether you like it or not.

Hey Stephen, I'm going to sleep great tonight ... How about you?

Regards, Dave

Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Administrator
Dave, with you having four posts in three years you obviously know a lot about 6 speed...we don't mind you expressing your opinion here, in fact we encourage it...we would prefer that you did it in a civilized manner without the name calling...usually car enthusiasts have more respect for each other than to refer to others as "pigeons"...with your opinion of your fellow 6 speed members I see no reason for you to be here...

Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dave 86 930 Fl
Stephen is a crook and his bad business practices finally caught up with him. The main reason you rarely hear anything bad about any sponsor on these boards is because the members & administrators usually run anyone off that dares to share their bad experience. Stephen was king over on Pelican until his bs caught up with him, so he found all of you pigeons on 6speed. I bought many parts from Stephen over the years and all was well, but I sent him my car and that's were the **** hit the fan.

So, all of you guys that choose your tuner based on opinions from these forums, beware, because only good experiences are allowed to be posted.

BTW, flame away all you like, I'm going to voice my opinion whether you like it or not.

Hey Stephen, I'm going to sleep great tonight ... How about you?

Regards, Dave
Dave

You are 100% right. I have spoke with a number of members and other sponsors on this board that know off Kaspar's antics! About time.

Jag

Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Administrator
ok, here it is folks...I just talked to Stephen and Suman's car and parts are packed, loaded and on a truck that is on it's way to New Hampshire, I assume at Suman's request...some statements that I made previously about a lack of communication may have been incorrect. According to Stephen he has been notifying customers for more than a month that things were going bad for his business...we hope that Suman is able to get his car back and running...I request that any other members that have any issues with Stephen (Imagine Auto) please send me a pm with your information...this thread has served it's purpose and is now closed

Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator
I have received some pm's that have convinced me to reopen this thread..first, in regards to Dave...he was not banned for knocking IA or even for name calling...he was banned for his open disrespect for his brothers on six speed...we are not pigeons...we are his fellow members and as such deserve his respect until such time as we prove to him that we don't deserve it...enough said about that....there are more issues...two members who wish to remain private because they are stil trying to resolve issues with IA...since there are more members out there with problems with IA I want to leave this thread open for any others that might pop up...

My second pm was from someone who has been waiting for 4 years...in that time his body was sent to another shop for body work and paint and that shop is holding the car because the work hasn't been paid for...Stephen has the parts and motor and $40K of the members money that was paid in 2005...He has tried for the last two months to make something happen but it has resulted in nothing.

Wishes to remain private

I don't know what to say...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-08-2009 at 09:41 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Imagine Auto (orginally Suman's thread)