996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone buy aftermarket mats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:34 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Anyone buy aftermarket mats?

I'm looking at a set of Lloyds mats, and was wondering if anyone had any experience. They have the "Turbo" logo, and I was considering going with a black mat with the logo in silver stitching. You can actually add multiple logos "Porsche Turbo" or "911 Turbo" but I'm afraid that won't look right. Any thoughts?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:54 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I've got Lloyd mats in black with the Silver Turbo logo - nice mats...

Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
Sweet. Any chance you have a picture? Great minds think alike.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:18 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I'll take some tomorrow

Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 AM
996twin_sc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RiA
+1 great mats.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Ray C. will become famous soon enough
Great mats. I have them in black with grey stitching for turbo.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:48 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Yep I have them in black with red lettering. Not the best shot:

Old 04-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Silver emblem

I have the silver emblem.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:51 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
+1 for the Lloyd's mats I've got them in natural brown with black "Turbo" stitching

Old 04-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Another + for Lloyds mats. They fit perfectly, and they hold-up well to dirt and everyday use.

Here's a couple pics of mine...

Old 04-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I was just looking at those recently as well. Adam woudl you go for the silver "edging" again? I was going to order all black with silver Turbo stitching.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by ari
I was just looking at those recently as well. Adam woudl you go for the silver "edging" again? I was going to order all black with silver Turbo stitching.
That extra stitching is $15/mat which I think is pretty cheap. I can't decide if it will look right in my car, or not. I have grey carpeting, but am getting black mats. At some point in the future, I would like to swap the grey carpeting for black, and the silver stitching around the borders will look great. I'm afraid it will look stupid in the meantime having a black mat, with silver stitching, on grey carpet. Decisions, decisions.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Slow4s has a spectacular aura aboutSlow4s has a spectacular aura about
Lloyd Mats are the best in the business!!

Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ari
That's a good question. I might skip the silver edging, just to be different. I do really like the way it looks, though, and it does add a nice bit of color and contrast, which is never a bad thing.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I have used several brands of mats. The Lloyd are good, but the techart looks much better. The downside of techart is they are expensive, take time to be made and imported and wear quicker than the Lloyd, others. For looks, the Techart can not be beat - they are designed to match the factory carpet perfectly vs. the "plush" cut of the Lloyd, which does not match the OEM carpet. Below are comparison pictures of Lloyd vs. Techart. If saving money is not an issue, order the Techart mats. You will love the look.

Lloyd mats

Techart mats - uses factory carpet and matches perfectly - but very costly approx. $400 for a set (includes small rears).

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 04-12-2009 at 06:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy aftermarket mats?