996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a 6speeders get-together in spring 2005 in Virginia?
Yes, very interested.
60.00%
Maybe, not sure.
26.67%
No, not at all interested.
13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Gauging interest: Springtime 6speeders Central Virginia meet/tour/etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 12:44 PM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Gauging interest: Springtime 6speeders Central Virginia meet/tour/etc.

I'm thinking of arranging and hosting a 6speeders get-together in the spring, say sometime in April of 2005. I'd be interested in hearing how many of you might be interested. It's a pretty central location for East-coasters and Midwesterners.

Some of the events I would line up...

-- Tour of my garage. ;-)
-- Catered meal hosted by yours truly @ our home.
-- Try to do it on a weekend that the local Porsche club has an autocross.
-- Drives to Virginia wineries and through the Virginia countryside -- the roads here are beautiful and perfect Porsche roads.
-- Golf @ Keswick Hall for those who enjoy golf.
-- Rooms at Keswick Hall resort.
-- Possible track event @ VIR, though this is unlikely unless there is an event that we can join (VIR is about 3 hours from Charlottesville).

Other attractions in the area: University of Virginia, Monticello, Skyline Drive, Hot air balloon rides, and many more Historical sites for those interested.

I would try to make the upfront costs minimal -- just enough to cover the catered meal and any other event that we'd need to pay for in advance. I would arrange a couple of hotels (expensive and not-so, but only those with safe parking (pretty much everything around here is safe, though), but you would pay for your hotel directly. The autocross simply costs $25/driver and is paid at the autocross. Wineries give free samples!

In any case would like to gauge interest to determine if it's something I should start planning. Others have already told me they are interested in helping out to plan this.

Thanks!

Last edited by GT3Scott; 10-16-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Greyghost is on a distinguished road
It sounds incredible. May I suggest later in the month due to the fact that the Florida group will be having the 2ns Annual Southern Fried Meet in Orlando February 5&6.

Old 10-17-2004, 01:16 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Im there Scott!!! April is perfect for me, I cant wait to get up in that area again.

Old 10-17-2004, 04:03 AM
topspn is on a distinguished road
Scott,

Sounds like a great idea. My wife and I love staying at Keswick Hall. Great place and they take small dogs too. Keep us informed.

Regards

Old 10-17-2004, 10:28 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
sounds great!

Old 10-17-2004, 10:30 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Hum...how far is that from S. FL????? If we could finally make the North/South East coast thing happen I would be down!!
Evan

Old 10-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Miami to Charlottesville: 16 hrs, 1000 miles
Jacksonville to Charlottesville: 11 hrs, 660 miles
Atlanta to Charlottesville: 9 hrs, 540 miles
New York to Charlottesville: 6 hrs, 340 miles
Dallas to Charlottesville: 19 hrs, 1200 miles
Boston to Charlottesville: 9 hrs, 550 miles

Old 10-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Certainly not overwhelming interest here.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Orli930 is on a distinguished road
Count me and Xico in, by that time the Cargraphics crew will be Headquarted down in South florida.

Orlando
Xico
Evan
Bryan
Vince
Frank
Duane
Herschel
Michele
Erik

Thats 10 south florida 6 speeders without really getting the word out. Also you have the rest of the florida crew. Keep in mind that the we are having the 2nd annual meet as per Britt in Feb

Last edited by Orli930; 10-19-2004 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:09 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Far drive tho.... If we did a track event or somthing it might be worth the drive, but for just a meet....
OR...maybe add a little Tail of the Dragon in there
Evan

Old 10-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that pic from UVA?

Old 10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
You guys certainly could do Tail of Dragon en route. ;-)

Mehrabani -- yea the round building is the Rotunda on the Lawn @ UVA.

Understood you are doing your Florida meet in February -- I'm looking @ April for this event -- when the weather up here should be awesome.

Old 10-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by GT3Scott
You guys certainly could do Tail of Dragon en route. ;-)

Mehrabani -- yea the round building is the Rotunda on the Lawn @ UVA.

Understood you are doing your Florida meet in February -- I'm looking @ April for this event -- when the weather up here should be awesome.
How far is TOD from your house???
Will you be attending our meet??
Evan

Old 10-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by AMG ETR
How far is TOD from your house???
Will you be attending our meet??
Evan

Didn't know I was invited. ;-) Wife always will take a trip to Florida in the winter -- but with our 3 year old we can't take the GT3 along...!

Tail of the Dragon [END on this map] is about 7 hours from here, but as you can see on the map it could be a good midway point for you guys. ;-) Maybe a bit out of the way but well worth it I bet.

Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by GT3Scott
Didn't know I was invited. ;-) Wife always will take a trip to Florida in the winter -- but with our 3 year old we can't take the GT3 along...!

Tail of the Dragon [END on this map] is about 7 hours from here, but as you can see on the map it could be a good midway point for you guys. ;-) Maybe a bit out of the way but well worth it I bet.
I am sure the FL people would agree with me that everyone is invited to our events!!! Come in any car (or fly) its well worth the trip, if its anything like the first one (or hopefully better) it will be a blast. Its the best event we have had in FL.

As for TOD...TOD is about 13 hours from here, so it would really be about 4 hours out of the way (worth it to me).
We will see...its a far drive, but we might pull it off.
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest: Springtime 6speeders Central Virginia meet/tour/etc.