996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CE light on- P1108 What to check for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
CE light on- P1108 What to check for?

Hey guys, I am getting a CE light (P1108) on and off. I reset it but it still comes back after driving the car for a while. the AFR seem to be ok and the MAF and O2 sensors are new. Any ideas of what to check for??

P1108 (Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank
2 – Below Limit)

Old 05-22-2009, 12:59 AM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone?

Old 05-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I have 0 experience, but sounds like a bad O2 sensor to me.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Got my car back from the dealer and they said it was a MAF. Bought a new MAF, installed and now the code is coming on again! Back to the dealer she goes

Anything else I can check??

Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Possible fault cause
♦ Incorrect signal from MAF sensor
♦ Fuel pressure too high
♦ Fuel injector leaking

Since you replaced the MAF...hopefully it was installed correctly and the connection is good (although I would check it)...here is the next steps:

Old 06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
i had same thing with mine i was told it was a leak in the boost, so i would try that and see. Good luck

Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
david@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to beholddavid@autodynamica is a splendid one to behold
I would double and triple check all around any hoses and pipes that are remotely related to the air intake. If there is the slightest leak, then unmonitored air enters in and totally throws off the fuel ratio and timing. Good luck. p.s. If they told you at the dealership that the oxygen sensors were the sole problem and it would resolve it, I would hold them to their word. There are too many people in the business that do "shotgun diagnosis" and don't accurately diagnose. I'd suggest telling them to give you your old oxygen sensors back (even though they won't) just to state a point. Most decent service managers would cater to their customers and address their issues internally. That code can be difficult to diagnose because of the broad array of things that can cause it. I wish you luck and if they stand by their word and ask for patience, it would be understandable.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I am now getting P1107 which is the other bank. With both banks having issues I am think it is the FPR? It is a factory unit and only has 40K on it or so?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Update on this issue FYI. Took it to a shop and they thought it was a leak at the fuel pump (pin hole in bulkhead). Replaced the fuel pump with a new GT2 unit and still got the code. Next it was believed to be a bad FPR or too much pressure from the dual pump setups. Put another OEM FPR in and also removed the second pump which lowered the fuel pressure (within factory spec range) a few PSI. But, still got the CE light!

The shop now is thinking injectors so I have replaced with new 72 pound units from EPL along with an adjustable FPR (set to 5.0 bar as recommended by Tony @ EPL) over the weekend. I did notice the fuel rail was loose on the passenger side (bank that is causing the CE light (P1108). Hopefully this is the problem! Will post back with updates.

Last edited by dgreen78; 09-13-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by david@autodynamica
I would double and triple check all around any hoses and pipes that are remotely related to the air intake. If there is the slightest leak, then unmonitored air enters in and totally throws off the fuel ratio and timing. Good luck. p.s. If they told you at the dealership that the oxygen sensors were the sole problem and it would resolve it, I would hold them to their word. There are too many people in the business that do "shotgun diagnosis" and don't accurately diagnose. I'd suggest telling them to give you your old oxygen sensors back (even though they won't) just to state a point. Most decent service managers would cater to their customers and address their issues internally. That code can be difficult to diagnose because of the broad array of things that can cause it. I wish you luck and if they stand by their word and ask for patience, it would be understandable.
Thanks David for the advice. I know all to well about "shotgun diagnosis." I am not a fan of throwing parts (expensive parts) at a car and hoping to resolve an issue. I am hoping that the injectors will fix this problem!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
esinc is on a distinguished road
having same issue...did you every get it resolved?

same issue...cant find problem...did you end up getting this resolved?

Old 12-20-2015, 09:54 PM
dpert1 is on a distinguished road
same problem, anyone have any solutions to this?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:25 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
boost or vacuum leak prob vacuum at the plenum or thereabouts IMO

Tighten every clamp u can find post turbo and zip tie every vacuum line you can get to

Last edited by timccloud; 12-21-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:29 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Anyone ever experienced this?

Old 01-30-2019, 09:40 AM
dpert1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turboslut
Anyone ever experienced this?
Mine ended up being 1000cc injectors on a stock tune. Dealerships...