996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PSS10 Install... Rear Strut top access? Does the panel just pull off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
PSS10 Install... Rear Strut top access? Does the panel just pull off?

Finally got off my butt as the H&R sways came from Vivid, and I'm replacing the bad front strut mount too.
What I thought would be easy, left me scratching my head...
I removed the two speaker port cover to the Bose box, and the two torx bits that hold it in. Removed box.
The panel covering the 3 strut mount nuts... how does that come off?
The Renntec site had some pics, but said the cover lifts off with no clips. I dont think so.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7073

The rear carpet cover has these weird oval cuts in the carpet. The Oval carpet covers don't come off though and I don't think are pertinant.
MikeKelly? Anyone? I don't want to bust any clips. I've been patient this long....
Any help cheerfully accepted.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
just pull on it, it is directly behind the seat, not where the child seat hooks are.

There is no clip or anything, it is just squeezed there.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:26 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
the square with the carpet glued on it lifts up and out.. just grab it and wiggle it up.. its a snug fit,, harder to get it back in

Old 06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Child Safety seat hooks? Is that what those weird carpet ovals are? guess I should RTFM, but I'm not looking for them, so how would I know?
Any good pics from anyone? I'm really not that stupid, just not familiar with this panel. I think I'm trying to remove the wrong one.....

Old 06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Duh. Figured it out. I thought the whole panel came off, not just the "chunk".
Here's some pics for the next guy who's wondering....

Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
hmm i did not have that in mine, maybe because you have the subwoofer... i don't so all i have is a carpet which i can lift up.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:46 PM
also, my PSS10 didn't look like that, i didn't have a top plate, i had to reuse the stock one. Was that a special option you ordered?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by pumalex
also, my PSS10 didn't look like that, i didn't have a top plate, i had to reuse the stock one. Was that a special option you ordered?
Yes, those are Mode Camber plates and Mode spring mounts from Vivid. I have a bad rf oem strut mount, so time was right...

Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 PM
ah ok thanks for the answer.