996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ATS carbonetics clutch forced break in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:28 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thanks Wes for all the info. Todd K. was the one that highly recommends this clutch for these set ups and I listened to him as I always do. Todd K. has never let me down with his advices and knows what he is talking about. I will look for those spikes on the first pull Remember this is VR's modified clutch that holds 840 wheel TQ. I did not go with my 8.5" single disc Tilton b/c only holds 700 wheel torque which I was at that level before my project. Cheers

Last edited by art4iza; 07-12-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I believe what I have is a CM Stage 3. What would make my engagement point keep moving higher? I thought my disc was wearing...

Old 07-12-2009, 12:04 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Mike,
BBi has made me a half way clutch stopper like RSR technology which makes the shifts close as good as a tip car After we install the Carbonetics I will see if I can post some pics of what I have. Basically I'd like to make the engagement point right in the middle where the stopper is to make shifting quick like before. There are ways to get around what you want. 993tt's are much easier to work with since the rod in bottom is adjustable but not 996tt's. Betim made a special one for me which I will post some more info on it on my thread when I get near completion.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:18 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Carbonetics web site states that the Triple is rated at 1,500ps. What is a "PS". Is that Japanese for HP or TQ?

http://www.carbonetic.net/products/twinandtriple.html

Old 07-12-2009, 04:21 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by art4iza
Mike,
BBi has made me a half way clutch stopper like RSR technology which makes the shifts close as good as a tip car After we install the Carbonetics I will see if I can post some pics of what I have. Basically I'd like to make the engagement point right in the middle where the stopper is to make shifting quick like before. There are ways to get around what you want. 993tt's are much easier to work with since the rod in bottom is adjustable but not 996tt's. Betim made a special one for me which I will post some more info on it on my thread when I get near completion.
I was looking into this after I had mine installed. The best idea we came up with is to modify the master cyclinder plunger rod and change it into an adjustable rod. That will allow you to adjust the pedal. Very simple and easy to do.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
1500BHP Robert, I talked to the a guy by name of Tiyo at Carbonetics a while back while I was doing my research. Todd K. feels that this clutch actually holds up much more power than it's advertised.

Originally Posted by robertp
Carbonetics web site states that the Triple is rated at 1,500ps. What is a "PS". Is that Japanese for HP or TQ?

http://www.carbonetic.net/products/twinandtriple.html

Old 07-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Exactly what you said bro, checked with Betim and that's exactly what he did.

I was looking into this after I had mine installed. The best idea we came up with is to modify the master cyclinder plunger rod and change it into an adjustable rod. That will allow you to adjust the pedal. Very simple and easy to do.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Exactly what you said bro, checked with Betim and that's exactly what he did.
I purchased a new master and almost had it altered. But now I am so use to the clutch (4000 miles later), I rarely think about it. The only issue I have with the master cyclinder mod is that the clutch pedal will be lower than the brake. Unless he came up with a fix for that too.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 AM
1500BHP Robert, I talked to the a guy by name of Tiyo at Carbonetics a while back while I was doing my research. Todd K. feels that this clutch actually holds up much more power than it's advertised.
I also remember my7 discussion with Tiyo. He did state that it would hold large amounts of HP/TQ and you will be the truth factor to that claim. I ran mine for 800 miles before I did any hard driving.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:40 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Art I have the same clutch as what you have but i don't have the horses that you will, I swear no word of a lie i probably have 40-50 street races and about 20 old hard launches not to mention me driving it in the city through traffic here and there.
you have a great clutch my friend!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Good to hear guys. Like I said before, dyno will tell us if there are any spikes.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I have many mexico races (100 or so) and mine is rock solid on a 610HP crank engine (per Turbo Mike's estimate).

Old 07-13-2009, 02:13 PM
It just seems like Robert lives in Mexico or he conducts business in Mexico a lot more often How did it go on Saturday?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Good, I recieved 800ml of Rituxian and 40mg of Revlimid. I will be on this treatment for 3 to 12 months.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I give you a lot of credit bro. I think I would be passed out on those meds by now. Be positive b/c techonlogy has gotten very advanced now. Did you get this in SD or TX?

Good, I recieved 800ml of Rituxian and 40mg of Revlimid. I will be on this treatment for 3 to 12 months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ATS carbonetics clutch forced break in