996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thoughts on these two 996 Turbo??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
altezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to behold
Thoughts on these two 996 Turbo??

Still searching for the right car. What do you guys think about these two?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thanks...

Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Very comparable cars, Id say it all comes down to what you want to do with the car, mostly with the body kits. One has techart, the other the GT2 tail. Both have engine mods but the techart version has the GT3 seats, really comes down to which one checks out from a PPI the best and how much of a warm fuzzy you have the seller.

Keep us updated with what you find.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:43 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I like the first one's exterior better.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
love the GT3 seats! Personally i would check both cars and look for the car with the less abuse. Maybe its better to look for a stockish one?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:36 PM
altezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to beholdaltezza1976 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the feedback guys. I personally like the TechArt body kit. I actually want a car that already has been modified with a well known documented history. Obviously the car can't be abused and a PPI is a definite must prior to any purchase commitment.

I already contacted the sellers and waiting for some additional information and pictures. On the other hand, what do you think about this Porsche?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This car is advertised as 600HP with an NGT performance package. Is NGT Motorsports a reputable Tuner? I visited the website, but doesn't provide much information about their performance packages. Anybody heard of NGT or Palm Beach Motorsports?

Thanks..

Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
The first one gets my vote. The second one gives me the feeling it was modded then converted back. Why else would it just have the GT2 wing?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 PM
kwerks has a spectacular aura aboutkwerks has a spectacular aura aboutkwerks has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WyattTT
The first one gets my vote. The second one gives me the feeling it was modded then converted back. Why else would it just have the GT2 wing?
If you take a closer look again @ #2's air box (last pic on the long line) he's got the main filter on the left side and the GT2 wing gives you the air inlets on both sides for fresh air supply. Keeping the factory turbo wing would not exactly feed air there. So maybe he' just went after function. And further looking at that engine bay doesn't look like much was "converted back".

Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Whats that rear valence between the exhaust tips on the 3rd car?

Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
First one. Not for the bodykit but prob cared for more and less work to get it like you want it. The black rear lights suck on the second one combined with jeep ride height.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 AM
bdd
bdd is a splendid one to beholdbdd is a splendid one to beholdbdd is a splendid one to beholdbdd is a splendid one to beholdbdd is a splendid one to beholdbdd is a splendid one to beholdbdd is a splendid one to behold
I was looking at a car at Premier before I bought mine. The guy I dealt with was really nice but they just seemed a bit overpriced to me for what they had.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 PM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by altezza1976
Thanks for the feedback guys. I personally like the TechArt body kit. I actually want a car that already has been modified with a well known documented history. Obviously the car can't be abused and a PPI is a definite must prior to any purchase commitment.

I already contacted the sellers and waiting for some additional information and pictures. On the other hand, what do you think about this Porsche?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This car is advertised as 600HP with an NGT performance package. Is NGT Motorsports a reputable Tuner? I visited the website, but doesn't provide much information about their performance packages. Anybody heard of NGT or Palm Beach Motorsports?

Thanks..
Why would someone want 600 hp in a Cabriolet? If for racing, it would need a roll bar over the seats. It looks as if at least one of these cars has been sold or bidding has ended.

I think that many people buy TechArt aero kits and/or bigger rear spoilers for their "looks" - you could ever exploit these mods at speed on the street.

To my mind, getting the correct PPI is the only answer, even if you have to pay to have your own P mechanic fly out to look at the car. Beware of local 'independent' Porsche shops in a small, far-away city, as they may already have a relationship with the seller of the car. I almost got burned by this...

Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
That convertible is a veery sexy car. Not too many miles either. A convertible is much more a poser car than the coupe, so with the 600hp package, I guess it is either fact, or more likely bragging, maybe it does have just over 500. You got to find out exactly what hardware that is supporting those numbers. 2004 is obviously a very very good year for these cars. The very up-to-date PCM is a nice selling point in the future. Ride height and wheels are perfect. Since it is a convertible it is probably never really tracked = not much wear and tear overall - although someone may have drag raced it a little, that'll just go on the drive train, and these are tough cars, except drive shafts, at this amount of power (which may not really be 600).

If I had the dough, I'd seriously go look at that convertible.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
uurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura about
purchase

did u end up buying any of these?

Old 08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey guys..thanks for all of the comments and feedback. In the end I decided to purchase Jack's, aka "s14roller", EVOMS GT700 car that was listed in the FS thread. Jack has been fantastic throughout this entire process. I felt more comfortable with purchasing a car from 6speed member that has a well documented history record. The car had all the quality upgrades that was meaningful to me.

The car should be picked up next Saturday for its voyage west to me. I will be more of an active member once the car arrives. Can't wait to meet some members in the local gatherings.

6speed members and this site have been invaluable.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
ABCar is on a distinguished road
Good Luck on your new purchase!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on these two 996 Turbo??