996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A little interior help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
A little interior help

I have searched the archives and might have missed it so don't behead me for not looking.
I ordered the replacement small storage tray to replace the goofy cd holder in the dash. Are there any secrets for removing the cd tray I need to know so I don't make a mess.I did order the "tool" also from SC Porsche, I just want to know from anyone that might have done this the right procedure.
thanks in advance,
Sal

Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
I've had mine out on my various 9X6 cars probably 20 times, And I've never used a tool of any kind. Here's what you do: eject each cd tray, then grab them on both sides with both hands as a unit, and pull, while wiggling the entire tray as a unit. It should just shimmy right out with a moderate amount of force.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, I'll try it tonight.
sal

Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Not sure if you need this/or what it. See centerconsole.pdf attached.

Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
I have searched the archives and might have missed it so don't behead me for not looking.
I ordered the replacement small storage tray to replace the goofy cd holder in the dash. Are there any secrets for removing the cd tray I need to know so I don't make a mess.I did order the "tool" also from SC Porsche, I just want to know from anyone that might have done this the right procedure.
thanks in advance,
Sal

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CenterConsole.pdf (286.5 KB, 889 views)
Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
I've had mine out on my various 9X6 cars probably 20 times, And I've never used a tool of any kind. Here's what you do: eject each cd tray, then grab them on both sides with both hands as a unit, and pull, while wiggling the entire tray as a unit. It should just shimmy right out with a moderate amount of force.
+ 1.. just grab all the CD trays and pull back. One good tug and it'll pop out.

Edwin

Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
ABCar is on a distinguished road
I was just getting ready to remove mine and install an xM radio...thanks for the serendipidous thread!