996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How my spouse ruined my driveway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 AM
996garage will become famous soon enough996garage will become famous soon enough
How my spouse ruined my driveway

Okay, I normally would never post anything to bash my spouse, but I felt I had to share this story. The wife has an Audi A6 bi-turbo which she has to add in oil every now and then just like our 996TT's. I've shown her on many occasions how to add in oil to her car. I even have a stack of funnels, paper towels, and oil for her car in one corner of the garage.

So this past weekend her low oil light comes on, so she goes to add the oil which she had done before. Later the next day she tells me that her car was leaking oil and showed me several huge oil puddles and a trail of oil all the way down the paver stones on our driveway.

I asked her how the heck she made such an enormous mess. She said that he funnel was too big for the oil spout, so it spilled all over. I was thinking, WTF is she talking about because the funnel spout is only 1/2inch wide. I had her show me what she did.

She proceeded to pull out the dip stick and tried to pour oil in via the dip stick tube!!! She had basically poured an entire quart of Mobil1 oil onto the dip stick tube, where 99% of it ended up on the driveway! I was in a state of shock, anger over the damage she caused to the driveway, and laughing my *** off over what she did. Am I the only one who's spouse (wife or husband) had done something totally ridiculous to the car?

Unfortunately oil cleaners didn't work, so now I have to replace a ton of stones in my paver driveway. That's going to cost me...

Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
LOL...pretty funny story...

Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I'd never let my wife under the hood.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Rocket Science is on a distinguished road
Great story! Next time tell her it goes in the hole marked "710".

Old 09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
vip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nicevip gts is just really nice
I wish my wife would wash her car let alone fill with oil.

You are a lucky man.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I had a buddy back in High School. He did the same thing to his Mustang your wife did to her Audi. I was pointing and my azzz off.

I did show him where you typically add oil.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
I live in a house with 3 women and I'm not saying a DAMN thing!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Concrete wash + power washer and time, they'll be OK....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
Try the fuel (“white gas”) used for camp stoves and lanterns on your driveway. I found on concrete it will pull up the oil pretty good. Go over the area a few times too.

Experiment on an inconspicuous spot first.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Funny story and I feel your pain. However, I'm lucky enough that my wife will actually help me change the oil on our DD (her small hands allow for ease of reaching the filter to remove and re-install it). Spouses and wives can be well utilized for these kind of tasks, but need proper training! I love it when my wife helps me work on one of our cars, and am hopeful that you have better luck going forward with your spouse!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM
mcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nicemcr_driver is just really nice
Why'd you let her out of the kitchen again??????

Jk story my gf *knock on wood* has been ok with her car so far...i just hope she doesn't do any dumb mods to it...

And +1 on the white gas i've tried it before on small spots and it works after a couple of tries.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
996garage will become famous soon enough996garage will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the tips! She thought I was going to flip out over it because she knows how particular I am with my car, garage, and driveway. But this was just too funny that I couldn't even get mad.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
I had a co-worker....

who drove into the car park (back in the UK) leaving the most enormous cloud of smoke behind.

I asked her what she'd done and said she'd checked her oil and it was empty, so she filled it up.

Transpired she hadn't used the dip stick, she'd simply removed the oil filler cap (it did have the word OIL embossed on it) and I'll the leave you to join the dots as to what she did next.....

Luckily no engine damage :-)

Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
pics of driveway?

Old 09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
StrathRoy is on a distinguished road
Have her check the headlight fluid and the muffler bearings next.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How my spouse ruined my driveway