996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone know of a good porsche mechanic in Charlotte, NC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:48 PM
tyounker is on a distinguished road
anyone know of a good porsche mechanic in Charlotte, NC?

I am close to finally getting a 911, does anyone out there know of any good mechanics in the Charlotte, NC area?

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2009, 01:52 PM
KeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.automotiveexellence.com/
http://www.gmpperformance.com
I am sure they will know or have a good mechanic or two in-house.

Last edited by KeithR32; 09-08-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: left info out
Old 09-08-2009, 04:51 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
This may be too obvious of an answer for you, but, Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte has always been very good to me. The service manager, Quentin, tracks his own Porsche and they know and understand the needs of people who like to mod their cars.

Aside from helping build it, they regularly service and track prep my highly modified GT3.

Dan

Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
racer 1 is on a distinguished road
tyounker,
I am a former Chip Ganassi Racing engineer and I am trying to get a new start up shop going in Charlotte NC. I have extensive street and racing experience to a very high level and also a degree in BSME. I am more than willing to send you my resume and references to verify my qualifications. Please email me racerpratt@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Chris Pratt

Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
GoRally is on a distinguished road
1988 Porsche 911

Ok I dont wanna be mean but I have a real 911 with 75,000 miles on it from the 80's and I need to find someone who can repair it here in charlotte, I don't think the dealer can do it and I don't want to take back to eurowerks because they charge too much for the work they do and although they do good work my A/C replacement system shouldn't cost $12,000.
-Thanks

Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 AM
Jnduda is on a distinguished road
Gmp.

Last edited by Jnduda; 12-29-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Ran across this thread from a few years ago but wanted to post in here to let everyone know that starting January 1st, 2015 we started offering a comprehensive Vehicle Maintenance Service Program under the leadership of Quentin Boatright. Quentin’s background includes 15 years as the Service Manager for Hendrick Porsche as well as a year with Lamborghini of the Carolinas heading up their service department as well as being a crew member of their Super Trofeo racing team. Being an avid automotive enthusiast, club racer, and certified driving instructor, Quentin has a passion and understanding of vehicle performance and maintenance. He has participated in many forms of racing including driving the Baja 1000, winning Championships and going to Nationals with NASA, Enduro racing in PCA as well as many other entities. His long-standing reputation for customer service will help GMP Performance excel in supporting the local service market. To discuss your service needs, Quentin can be reached via phone at 704.525.4946 x 258 or email, Quentin@GMPperformance.com.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Geardaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

I second GMP performance. Quentin is ethical and an amazing mechanic. He is the go to guy in Charlotte IMO for Porsche and exotic car repair.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:27 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Geardaddy
I second GMP performance. Quentin is ethical and an amazing mechanic. He is the go to guy in Charlotte IMO for Porsche and exotic car repair.
Thank you for the feedback! We are very glad to have Quentin on the team!

Old 02-20-2024, 01:33 PM
Edpettus is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn’t recommend GMP. I have a 996 Turbo and had them install an upgraded suspension, it took 3 months and had to take it back a couple times to fix it. Then I had an O2 sensor go out. They ended up putting installing the wrong kind. Did a smoke test, change a bunch of gaskets, and wanted to replace my engine harness, for about $5k. They said it was intermittent. I went to swap the bad one to the other side and that’s when I noticed they were different. Bought an OEM O2 sensor, and the check ingine light went away.

I understand troubleshooting is hard, and sometimes, down right infuriating, but when the shop bill keeps growing after multiple “we found the problem…” and it still doesn’t isn’t fixed, the customer grows weary and doubt take over.

maybe it had something to do with they hired and fired a gang of sales people when I last took my car in, but whatever it was, I WOULD NOT recommend GMP.

Old 03-08-2024, 06:12 AM
saint01 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tyounker
I am close to finally getting a 911, does anyone out there know of any good mechanics in the Charlotte, NC area?

Thanks!
I used to live in Charlotte and I couldn’t find any good mechanics around there. Sorry, but Hendrick is going to be expensive and not the best technicians.

Who I did use instead is C&C Motorsports in Greensboro. Charles, the owner, is a Porsche and bmw mechanic who has been awesome to me over the years. He knows his **** and is EXTREMELY well priced. I’ve found his work to be too notch, so much so that I’d drive the 90 minutes up to GSO to have the car worked on