996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clutch occasionally doesn't seem to release trans. thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 PM
dscottjr is on a distinguished road
Clutch occasionally doesn't seem to release trans. thoughts?

Occasionally, my trans seems to stick in gear when i try to shift. It's not difficult to engage the next gear, only to get the one it's in to release. I sense no difference in clutch pedal pressure and it seems to happen more on deceleration. Often, blipping the throttle will "release" it. It tends to do this only in 1st/3rd (i've never noticed it when releasing 2nd/4th).

I'd say 99% of the time it's smooth and normal and 1% of the time it does this. Doesn't seem to be dependent on hot/cold. Any thoughts?

Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Shift cables need adjusting perhaps. Sorry, can't tell you how that is done.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there ...

Long time no see, I've seen you on the Audi S4 forums. You may know me as JBear:FATS.

Anyway, my new to me TT exhibits the same problem on occassion, I searched the forums extensively.

This thread was the most informative thread I found, I will likely live with my issue until I need a new clutch.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...stopped-3.html

Read the entire thread, Pages 1-3. Appears to likely be a lubrication issue.

I had the clutch accumulator changed today, although I didn't replace it hoping to fix this issue, it was simply BAD. Super stiff clutch on cold start, now it's smooth. I assume this problem will remain, I will post a follow-up in a few days. I mainly notice my problem in stop and go traffic in 1st, I pull it out of gear before stopping, minor adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Take Care.

Last edited by JSBear; 09-25-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:42 PM
dscottjr is on a distinguished road
Absolutely remember you Jonas. Thanks for digging that thread up. I'd been able to read a ton about the clutch accumulator but hadn't found that one.

I, like you, will live with it until clutch time. I'm planning on doing turbos and fueling in a couple months and will just go ahead and do the clutch at the same time.

Thanks again!
Donnie.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
mine does it from 1st to second, frequency is low. similarly leaving it until clutch change

Old 09-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Mine was doing this as well and we thought the kevlar clutch material (Clutchmasters performance disc) might be sitcking to the flywheel when hot, and not releasing properly... However, the tranny is being torn down right now to see what's what... Could well be a bad clutch fork... I'll find out in a day or two...

Mike