996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Too good to be true Ebay auction?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 06:04 PM
AeroTT is on a distinguished road
Too good to be true Ebay auction?

I guess when he said that he priced the car for a quick sale, he meant it! Currently $55,000 No reserve!!

Anyone looking for a good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=10156

Old 09-23-2003, 06:15 PM
996GT2 is on a distinguished road
Weird, it says hes in Germany, but it has a clear title and Warranty for the US?

Thats one heck of a deal if it is a US car.

Old 09-23-2003, 06:16 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Euro spec? Need to post a bond and have it DOT and EPA legalized. But if at that price it maybe worth it if the guy is legit. It sounds like it's new. 0 miles? Pretty risky, over seas transaction. Many have been ripped lately from these grey market deals. Fake escrow accounts and such. Caveat Emptor.

Old 09-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
won't accept an escrow - scares me or I'd buy it for parts at that price

Old 09-23-2003, 07:49 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
be VERY VERY VERY CAREFULL

there are a ton of scams going on

Old 09-23-2003, 08:17 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
That car is US spec car, buyers be careful.

Old 09-23-2003, 08:53 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
My money is on the guy cancelling the auction right before it is over. There is no reason the car should sell at a price even close to 55,000 unless it is a scam. BECAREFUL

Old 09-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Guys,

I was e-mailed this web link recently which details out many of the car buying online scams, I found it worthwhile reading.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

Old 09-23-2003, 10:25 PM
NAZTTY is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Tea Sets, Comic Books, Coffee mugs..996TT?????

How does a guy graduate from selling brick-a-brack to below-Invoice, brand new Porsches?
Granted, his buyers seem like a happy lot ...oh wait...there's a Neutral: "Part of coffee pot was missing, not mentioned in description".
The only thing that would make this legit is that he's selling a poster of the car.

Old 09-23-2003, 10:38 PM
AeroTT is on a distinguished road
Well, you know what they say. "If it looks too good to be true, it usually is."

I have heard too many horror stories about scams on Ebay. Buyers, please be careful.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:06 PM
alamein is on a distinguished road
Re: Tea Sets, Comic Books, Coffee mugs..996TT?????

Originally posted by NAZTTY
How does a guy graduate from selling brick-a-brack to below-Invoice, brand new Porsches?
Could be a hijacked account ... lots of feedback, but none over the last 8 months or so ... I'd stay away, what legitimate seller would have something of this value be for sale without a reserve? ... something doesn't smell right ... and on EBAY that is enough reason to stay away IMHO ... I got a fake item from someone with almost a 2000 positive feedback.

Old 09-24-2003, 01:19 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
It's a full SCAM don't do it. I almost got ripped off last week buy a scam artist these guys are good. The guy was in rome and it seemed legit until i saw he was taking the photo's from a different website and emailing them to me.

Becareful when it seems to good to be true it usually is man.

Old 09-24-2003, 04:48 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
"Priced for a quick sale"

Yeah, Before the owner realizes it's missing! LOL

Old 09-24-2003, 05:20 AM
violin959 is on a distinguished road
CarFax shows no records for this car. It appers by the VIN to be a US car. Having said that, I can tell you from first hand experience that Ebay has never exercised any monitoring of what is sold, especially cars. That is starting to change as DOT, EPA and DHS have started to pressure Ebay to clean up. Been there, done that. Never send money abroad. You have no right to recover in Germany. Call PCNA with the VIN, find out where the car is. If they will tell you. IF they won't, call DOT. They will find out.

Old 09-24-2003, 05:24 PM
PorschePlayboy is on a distinguished road
on that note... Did anyone read this article about a eBay scam artist? Very interesting to say the least.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/957191.asp?0cv=CB20

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Too good to be true Ebay auction?