996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

McKenna Porsche - LA - 996 TT - Anyone Know this Car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Paul_DC is on a distinguished road
McKenna Porsche - LA - 996 TT - Anyone Know this Car?

Hi,

Anyone know this car? Or anyone close enough to McKenna to check it out today or Sunday???

Some information on the car that I have.

It is CPO
One owner - verified with clean / clear Carfax.
The over revs are: Range 1 = 2,808, Range 2 = 24.
PPI seems clear and McKenna went over the car with a paint gauge and found no issues etc.
No 2nd gear pop-out issues
Cosmetically only issues are front spoiler scratch, and chip on tow hook cover in front.

Here is the link -- to the ad.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...reset_crumbs=y

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Paul

Old 10-17-2009, 01:02 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Man, that looks like a nice one!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:08 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
For just a little bit more you can get a 997 turbo though

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

or for around the same price, you can get a higher mileage 997 turbo

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 10-17-2009, 01:28 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
Wow! that is a few carbon fiber trim pieces short of being a fully loaded and optioned 996 Turbo S!

Old 10-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Nice looking car. I hope that it works out for you!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 PM
911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !911-AL Is a GOD !
I'm usually opposed to the yellow body colored painted interior panels but it actually looks pretty classy the way it was selected. I love the yellow opposed color stitching. Especially in the steering wheel.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys -- hopefully will have a deal on Monday if it checks out! Will post up when anything new / interesting happens!

Old 10-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Quick update -- we have a deal worked out and I am getting the contract faxed over today, and hope to have it signed and back to McKenna by Friday.

So far the guys there have been outstanding. I am talking to the tech who did the CPO inspection on Friday to have a few last questions confirmed (e.g., RMS condition, confirmation that there are not any leaks, original panels / paint).

Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Did you have the DME dumped and look for any over-rev data? This is most definitely NOT part of the CPO inspection. They also do not check for 2nd gear pop out- and if the car develops it, and PCNA decides it was a missed shift, they will not pay and you are sol. Same with clutch.

I am not comfortable with the dealer's cpo inspection as the only criteria. They have a clear conflict of interest.

A

Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Another update.

I talked to the one of the service techs and arranged for a PPI on the car -- this was to be done today to include a check for a few other specific items that I wanted to have rechecked.

Last night I received the contract for me to sign. It has the sales tax and registration fee as though I was a CA state resident vs no sales tax since I am taking delivery out of state via a transport company. I did not sign the contract and called and emailed the GM I have been working with asking for time to discuss the sales tax issue today.

I got an email a moment ago saying THEY SOLD THE CAR THIS MORNING and that they were looking for another car through Porsche.

Ugh!

So far the dealership has been very stand-up, but will see what happens next. Will keep everyone posted.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:32 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
wow, they sold the car out from under you? GL trying to find another 05 optioned out yellow turbo S coupe....

Old 10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
wow, they sold the car out from under you? GL trying to find another 05 optioned out yellow turbo S coupe....
Pretty much -- if I had signed the contract and sent it back it would be a different matter, but with no signed contract and only a verbal agreement it seems I am out of luck. Clearly there was a verbal agreement and a formal / written contract drawn up to follow the basic terms (price) that had an unresolved item (sales tax).

One of the frustrating parts is that I followed each phone conversation up with an email to document the conversations and each step of the process -- in one of the emails I even indicated that I want to be sure the delay on their side of sending me the contract (was supposed to have it on Wednesday) and the tech who was not available would not result in me loosing the car / being sold to someone else.

The real frustrating part is that I feel I wasted the time of folks on this forum who went and checked out the car in person, sent photos, and gave advice and support through out this process online, and in person.

Waiting to see what the dealership says to see what the next steps might be on my side.

This is the second car this month that this has happened to me with too. I am starting to get a complex. On the brighter side, perhaps this out bidding is a sign the economy is turning?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
naptownmike is on a distinguished road
wow that is to bad. I would be very disapointed good luck on your search.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Sign an agreement that allows you to cancel! You are over-thinking this: you wouldn't break an agreement with them, but they will break it in a heartbeat.

Next time, take the contract, line out the parts that are wrong, initial those, sign it, fax it back!

Good luck- too often we look at others through the prism of our own integrity, and are surprised when they fall short....

A

Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 PM
aircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura aboutaircavscout has a spectacular aura about
To bad...

I know it does not help much, but there is ALWAYS another car for sale. I think they were a bit high on the price. It was a nice car but really, not sure how much you talked them down to what you thought you were getting it for but seemed high. There are TT's all over the east coast, ones you can go check out and see first person. I looked for about 9 months and went as far as Denver.. Ended up finding one 2 hours from where I live. Good luck.. There are a few for sale down here in carolina... I can assist with picks you you need any help.. Here is a nice one down here.... Again, a bit high but it is nice!

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ctd/1432677238.html