996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

High HP Clutch Suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:28 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
High HP Clutch Suggestions

Ok guys I need a clucth to hold 950-1000rwhp and hopefully around the same amount of tq. Suggestion and where to buy please. If anyone is selling something that can hold this power, pm me.

Jag

Last edited by jags911tt; 10-20-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Jags,

EVERYONE with big power uses the TILTON, dont they ?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:28 PM
racing 97 is on a distinguished road
Tilton Carbon

Where are you guys buying your Tilton Carbons from? Tym Switzer has a great Titlon based set up that has worked in his record setting cars but Tilton does not sell to the end user and you have to be a dealer.
Regards
Tony

Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Thanks Guys. Can some one tell me where to get one for a good price.

Jag

Old 10-21-2009, 03:17 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Clutch masters has a triple disk clutch but I don't think it's Been proven as far as people in the community is concerned.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The baby Carbonetics will hold 700 whp all day long...had mine for nearly 2 years now w/ absolutely no probs. But Betim is correct, I have heard repeatedly from the guys w/ 800 plus (whp, not crank) that it does not hold up to those levels.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Don't make any trouble Sean I'm watching.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I posted on the IC FS thread how you can deal with your crab infestation, Walnut.

RID and a tiny comb.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Art has 2 clutches for sale. Pm him

Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Not to be stickler but I just wanted to clear this up. Clutches hold torque, not horsepower. Clutches should always be rated based on torque. Check out a clutch from a diesel truck that makes 300hp and 700 ft-lbs of torque, it's large in diameter and heavy clamp load pressure plate. For some reason some clutch companies still rate on HP because that's what the end user want to know, but it's really irrelevant and actually misleading to all of us. Check out Tilton, Sachs, AP Racing, Quarter Master, all rated in TQ.

Our 996tt that's only making 585whp but 660 ft-lbs of torque is slipping a clutch that's rated to 900+whp. And while I'm on the topic chassis dyno TQ figures are always rated at the engine (minus driveline loss), that's why a chassis dyno needs RPM and dyno drum speed to calculate a gear ratio and output a torque from the engine.

Here is a good link to the Sachs racing clutch PDF and it will tell you more than you probably wanted to know about clutches.

http://www.sachsracing.com/owx_medie...a360/36042.pdf

Hope this clears a few things up.

-Martin

Last edited by AMS; 10-22-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added content
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
i just did the clutchmaster fibertuff disc clutchmasters beefed up pressure plate with a rs flywheel.. its holding perfecly

Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Go big or go home is my motto... So I went with a Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by racing 97
Where are you guys buying your Tilton Carbons from? Tym Switzer has a great Titlon based set up that has worked in his record setting cars but Tilton does not sell to the end user and you have to be a dealer.
Regards
Tony
The tilton triple clutchpack is rated to over 1,200tq. If you need more than that they also have a quad disc that I believe is rated to over 1,450tq. We've been running these clutch packs for years and to be honest, in anything over 750hp I wouldn't even consider any other clutch for the job. The drivability is amazing for the power capabilities, and you'll never worry about you clutch slipping no matter what the abuse. You do have to check the clutch disc thickness from time to time, however when you're dealing with a car making over 750tq, additional maintenace and care is a given.

We have exclusivity on the Tilton 996tt Street clutch. You can run a lightweight flywheel version from any Tilton dealer, however for a street car this unit revs very quick and can be difficult to modulate on the street from light to light. We worked with Tilton to develop a custom flywheel just for the street market and put it in a kit format to make life easier. Shoot me or Nero and email and I can get you pricing and availability.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
The tilton triple clutchpack is rated to over 1,200tq. If you need more than that they also have a quad disc that I believe is rated to over 1,450tq. We've been running these clutch packs for years and to be honest, in anything over 750hp I wouldn't even consider any other clutch for the job. The drivability is amazing for the power capabilities, and you'll never worry about you clutch slipping no matter what the abuse. You do have to check the clutch disc thickness from time to time, however when you're dealing with a car making over 750tq, additional maintenace and care is a given.

We have exclusivity on the Tilton 996tt Street clutch. You can run a lightweight flywheel version from any Tilton dealer, however for a street car this unit revs very quick and can be difficult to modulate on the street from light to light. We worked with Tilton to develop a custom flywheel just for the street market and put it in a kit format to make life easier. Shoot me or Nero and email and I can get you pricing and availability.
Thanks Wes, it was great talking with you today. Looks like Im getting one