996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My first P-car and its a GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
congrats on your new purchase.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:19 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats Eric. I hope we have a few more weekends like this one this year so we can take that bad boy for a rip around Carver Co (like where I got a ticket in the EVT700 by Marty's house). Will it be home for Cars & Cafe next weekend?

Old 10-31-2009, 11:00 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Two GT2 purchases in the same month Congrats Eric!!!! I've already congratulated Scott Enjoy in good health my friend. Coming down to the Mile sold you everything I bet

Old 10-31-2009, 11:12 PM
EvilBoffin is infamous around these parts
OK, 4 pages of congrats & replies ... wallpaper-quality pictures are now mandatory ...

Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
nice ride....
Thanks - looking forward to actually driving it.

Originally Posted by MBailey
Congrats on the GT-2. I bet you are faster than 189 in March!!
The GT2 is close to a 200mph car - will have to actually run it though.

I think the Z06 was a 193-195 mph car if I was actually able to shift the tranny. I'll post a vid when I can - it clearly shows how much time and speed I lost with the tranny problems.

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
omfg...Congrats Eric, that car is phenomenal!

I was shocked that it took so long to sell.
Thanks Sean. Not sure why it took so long to sale but I am getting a sweet deal on an awesome car.

Originally Posted by S-351
Awsome choice Eric! You will love your GT2!
Thanks - I'm sure I will love it. Unfortunately, I will be seeing your tail-lights when the beast comes back from Evoms.

Originally Posted by basupra
Congrats Eric!! I figured you would be posting about it soon!! If you end up coming through the Indy area on your way back through, give me a call!!

Tim
Tim - Good to talk to you the other day. I am hoping to drive out Thursday and get the car - drive back on Friday. I'll call you later in the week when everything is finalized.

Originally Posted by legendr34
wonderful, I can't wait to see more pics
I'll get some up.

Originally Posted by Redline93
Congratulations and I am looking forward to more pictures as well.
more to come

Old 10-31-2009, 11:20 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
Wow, it must be the week to buy a GT2 eh? One hellava way to start off in a Porsche. What kinds of mods does it have?

Congratulations on your GT2.
Thanks - Yeah - Divexxtreme got an awesome car and so did I.

Mods are:
  1. Factory Tuned DME by Protomotive
  2. (2) GT30-76 Turbochargers
  3. (2) Tial 44mm Wastegates
  4. Protomotive Modified Exhaust Manifolds
  5. Protomotive Upgraded Intercoolers and piping
  6. Upgraded Throttle body and IPD Plenum
  7. Protomotive Fuel System with 60lb Injectors and Upgraded fuel pump
  8. AEM Tru Boost Gauge / AEM Wideband Controller and Gauge
  9. ATS Triple Carbon Clutch / I.Mec Short Shift Kit
  10. Custom Switzer Exhaust with Straight through design
  11. Euro spec GT3 Seats in Black Leather with Crests
  12. Carbon Fiber GT2 Wing Blade
  13. Carbon Fiber GT2 Grille
  14. Carbon Fiber Mirror Housings
  15. Carbon Fiber Ebrake and Shifter
  16. Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes
  17. 18” HRE C21 Competition Wheels w/ Black Centers
  18. BF Goodrich Drag Radials in Rear/ Michelin PS2 in Front
Originally Posted by SuperleggeraGT3
Hats off for such an awesome beast especially being a first P car and you had to go to the most extreme. I like your style and please post more pictures of the best 911 variant.
Thanks - GT2 has been on the short list for awhile and this was a deal i could not pass up.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by drjoe
congrats on your new purchase.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Congrats Eric. I hope we have a few more weekends like this one this year so we can take that bad boy for a rip around Carver Co (like where I got a ticket in the EVT700 by Marty's house). Will it be home for Cars & Cafe next weekend?
I am hoping to have it back home by Friday night and at C&C Saturday. No promises but I am trying to get it done.

Originally Posted by art4iza
Two GT2 purchases in the same month Congrats Eric!!!! I've already congratulated Scott Enjoy in good health my friend. Coming down to the Mile sold you everything I bet
Art - Thanks

The Mile helped push me over the edge. I have been quietly looking at a few for awhile now - this car in particular.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by EvilBoffin
OK, 4 pages of congrats & replies ... wallpaper-quality pictures are now mandatory ...

I'm borrowing these pics until I get it home and get some of my own.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Holy Crap!!! That's awesome bro. Welcome to the family.
Todd - Thanks. We'll have to get together in March. I am hoping to make both TX2K10 and the TX Mile with both cars.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Wow...talk about starting out P car ownership on the right foot. You simply couldn't do any better IMHO. Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing full pictures of your new beast.
Thanks. I can't think of a better way to start my Porsche ownership experience. Well maybe one - but that is another league all together.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:02 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Eric so f'ing happy for you bud!! Can't wait to see your beauty in March!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
its a boy, oh no, i meant to say a beauty...lol

Old 11-01-2009, 06:44 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Thanks.

I am hoping to have it back home by Friday night and at C&C Saturday. No promises but I am trying to get it do.
Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Congartulations Eric!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Eric so f'ing happy for you bud!! Can't wait to see your beauty in March!
Thanks Ben. I'll be down for at least TX2K10 and hopefully the mile.

Originally Posted by rvhpno80
its a boy, oh no, i meant to say a beauty...lol
Thanks - she is a beauty.

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Let me know if you need any help with anything.
Luis - Hopefully everything gets wrapped up and I can get out there and back in time.

Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Congartulations Eric!
Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first P-car and its a GT2