996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final numbers for the Boost Logic 1000hp+ kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Very true.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
With turbos that size, you can figure app. 30 whp difference for every 1/10 BAR.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Great numbers Chris!!
Watch where you point that thing!!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:56 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Absolutely insane. Congrats and enjoy in good health.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

With turbos that size, you can figure app. 30 whp difference for every 1/10 BAR.
And THIS is why I really like forced induction! While the NA guys pay big bucks for small gains and sacrificed drivability turbos just haul ***! I look forward to numbers on pump and meth at sane boost levels when time allows

Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Well these turbos act a little bit different than a normal turbo. On 13.5lbs it made 554rwhp or so. So ALMOST 1bar it made 554rwhp. The turbos make like ~20rwhp .1 bar at REALLY low amounts, but as we get above 20psi+ it starts jumping up 25+rwhp per PSI almost! It is really amazing what these billet turbos are able to do. For example we made 77Xrwhp on 24psi (sustained) and made 83Xrwhp on 26psi (sustained).

Sean when I say low boost I mean Pump + Meth. I would never run more than 1.1-1.2bar or so on 93oct ONLY, with these turbos at least. Though keep in mind I am on wastegate only 90% of the time that I'm driving because there is no need to tap into 700-838rwhp. Most cars that you will run into on the freeway on the way to work can be dealt with, with just 550-600rwhp. Yes there are the occasional cars that need more, but 99% of the time its like a car that MAY trap 125mph that messes with you.

Another thing to mention is how these turbos hit, like when they go into boost. It is VERY violent and not the usual nice fade into boost. As soon as they spool it spikes the boost hard hince why it white smoked all 4 tires.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Redline93 is on a distinguished road
Very nice numbers produced from your build. I've had great experiences with Boostlogic with regard to my Supra; I'm sure they will continue to bring a quality product to market for the Porsche crowd as well.

As others have said already, enjoy it in good health.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Sounds a little like a Supra power curve except it's not showing that on the dyno sheet. Actually Supra power levels too until you hit big boost, the P-car heads\cam must flow a bit better than the Supra

Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Very nice, congrats on the new numbers.

Can I get specifics on what the BL900 kit consists of; feel free to pm if you desire.

Thanks & drive safe!
-Val T.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Well these turbos act a little bit different than a normal turbo. On 13.5lbs it made 554rwhp or so. So ALMOST 1bar it made 554rwhp. The turbos make like ~20rwhp .1 bar at REALLY low amounts, but as we get above 20psi+ it starts jumping up 25+rwhp per PSI almost! It is really amazing what these billet turbos are able to do. For example we made 77Xrwhp on 24psi (sustained) and made 83Xrwhp on 26psi (sustained).

Sean when I say low boost I mean Pump + Meth. I would never run more than 1.1-1.2bar or so on 93oct ONLY, with these turbos at least. Though keep in mind I am on wastegate only 90% of the time that I'm driving because there is no need to tap into 700-838rwhp. Most cars that you will run into on the freeway on the way to work can be dealt with, with just 550-600rwhp. Yes there are the occasional cars that need more, but 99% of the time its like a car that MAY trap 125mph that messes with you.

Another thing to mention is how these turbos hit, like when they go into boost. It is VERY violent and not the usual nice fade into boost. As soon as they spool it spikes the boost hard hince why it white smoked all 4 tires.
It made 554rwhp on lower timing on 13.5 spikes, The car easly make 6XXrwhp on 1.1 bar. But with pump/meth we will see 700rwhp safely. The car also 1.5 bar made 788rwhp sae Friday. We never redynoed it on wastegate with the final tune. I cant wait till we run some 60-130's!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
If my math is correct 26 psi/ 14.7=1.76 bar....damnnnn that is a lot!

Those are big numbers Chris, congrats and be careful (at least for a little while).

Old 11-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
The Boost Logic kit that I have consists of some one off pieces, but for the right amount they could be made again. But it basically consists of these pieces:

Boost Logic Turbo Kit (w/ Billet 5857's w/ .82 a/r housings)
Boost Logic Fuel System (Surge Tank, 2x 044 Pumps, Aeromotive Filters, -6an Feeds to each rail, 1000cc Injectors, 5bar, etc..)
Boost Logic 6" Intercoolers
Boost Logic Custom Intake Tubes/Y-pipe/etc.. (Stock TB/Plenum though).
Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch
HKS EVC VI EBC
EPL Custom Tune

That's about it as far as the pieces that make the power.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
If my math is correct 26 psi/ 14.7=1.76 bar....damnnnn that is a lot!

Those are big numbers Chris, congrats and be careful (at least for a little while).
Yup you are correct it made 1.75bar sustained, but we saw spikes as high as 28.7psi. Those who've actually watched their EBC's while on the dyno or had a passenger watch them know that you spike usually about 2psi more than you actually see sustained. I know personally on that 28.7psi spike that the boost settled down right at ~26.5psi or so. I think that pull I made 831rwhp/790rwtq SAE.

I forgot to mention when I dynoed on ~1.5bar the first pull of the day it smoked the tires on the dyno. Granted it was on cold tires and it was a little bit cooler it still almost shot itself off the dyno LOL! I had Matt (Lil Powell) in the car the whole time after watching the Boost Controller and to add weight for traction!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !

I have noticed closer to 35 on my Gt3076 A/R 63s.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:11 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Chris, this is insane. I hope it continues to run safely and I know you're in good hands with Tony.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Powell
The Boost Logic kit that I have consists of some one off pieces, but for the right amount they could be made again. But it basically consists of these pieces:

Boost Logic Turbo Kit (w/ Billet 5857's w/ .82 a/r housings)
Boost Logic Fuel System (Surge Tank, 2x 044 Pumps, Aeromotive Filters, -6an Feeds to each rail, 1000cc Injectors, 5bar, etc..)
Boost Logic 6" Intercoolers
Boost Logic Custom Intake Tubes/Y-pipe/etc.. (Stock TB/Plenum though).
Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch
HKS EVC VI EBC
EPL Custom Tune

That's about it as far as the pieces that make the power.
Congartulations Chris!

Any How do u compare ur Billet 5857's with GT35R's ? im talking about size, spool, flow.....etc

Is it a bolt-on kit??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final numbers for the Boost Logic 1000hp+ kit