996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final numbers for the Boost Logic 1000hp+ kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Final numbers for the Boost Logic 1000hp+ kit

Well I needed to get around to posting this in its own thread with the graph and impressions from it. The last two days have been really hectic with finishing the car up, getting home, and catching up on sleep.

On to the good part. The kit itself is finally done and omg it was worth the time and money spent! The car is a absolute beast! On the way out of Austin I got to do one roll on before the boost controller finally died (the wire from my old HKS EVC VI finally broke, but a new one will be here this week). I hit it in 2nd gear from 40mph and it literally white smoked all 4 tires while it began to switch lanes on it's own without my control. Unlike most people I had a very unmollested car so my vicious coupler still works PERFECT, so when you manage to blow all 4 tires off it is an amazing feeling. I knew it spun REALLY bad, but my brother calls me from the Yukon and goes "holy **** dude... you literally just white smoked all four tires...".

As far as dyno numbers go, I think I finally took the record for the highest dyno stock bottom end car. The temp outside was in the 70s again, the timing is low (it's still a tiny bit lower than a normal pump tune, but I'm not going to change this because I want to be safe) and the car is still rich (again I'm not going to change this because I want to be as safe as I can). I made 3 dyno pulls at 27-28psi (This being the PEAK the EBC saw, in actuality it was at ~26psi during the run) and it made 830+rwhp everytime. It made from 757rwtq-790rwtq (on the last pull).

Here is the graph of the best run HP wise!

These numbers are SAE with Smoothing on 0. It was also done vs RPM instead of speed. STD vs speed it made 863rwhp.

I know there is a lot of talk about the life of the stock bottom end and I do agree that I am probably sitting on a time bomb, but you have to realize that the car is not run on the boost levels 24/7. I usually run with the EBC off ~13.5psi which makes 554rwhp SAE. I will be tuning for low boost soon (21psi) which will be pump gas + meth and I think it made right at 700rwhp on those numbers. These motors have come a long way from the 600hp is the breaking point barrier. This is the same thing that the Supra guys had been told years ago. Tuning is VERY key at these HP numbers. Some tuners like to turn up timing to make there power on lower amounts of boost, but Justin N and Tony @ EPL thought for my setup the smartest idea would be to keep the timing LOW and the fuel rich just to make sure the heads stay on the car. This not saying they may not blow, but it has a lot better chance not to with little timing in the car. Justin and Tony both explained to me the advantages of this.

I'd like to give a HUGE thank you Zohair, Marc, Russel, George, and Chad from Boost Logic for putting the car together. Then I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to Tony @ EPL for taking care of me on the tuning side and dealing with my questions 24/7. Lastly another HUGE thank you to Justin Nenni from Tuning Concepts for putting me with Boost Logic and helping take care of my baby the hole way through out its build. Between him and Tony @ EPL I don't think you can find a combo of tuners with more knowledge than those two.

Hopefully when my EVC VI cable shows up we will have some cooler weather so I can go get some 60-130's and track numbers for everyone... Mainly because we all know that dyno numbers don't mean squat!

Old 11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Those are awesome numbers...Now go have some fun & be careful. With great power comes great responsibility.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Chris - I am seriously, seriously impressed by the power your car is making. Unless someone else pulls a rabbit out of a hat, I honestly believe you will set the records for both 60-130 and Trap Speed for a stock bottom-end 996!

Old 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
chris , bad a$$ numbers brother .... congrats .

Old 11-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Those are awesome numbers...Now go have some fun & be careful. With great power comes great responsibility.
I hear you on that one Tom! I've never had a street car that made this much power. In fact this car makes more power SAE than my old 408ci + 300shot LS1 made 4 years ago. That car made 821rwhp and went 8.9s @ 151 (out of gear at the 1000ft... damn 3.73s!!!). Granted that car also weighed 3100lbs and had a Powerglide. I still never tried to use that power on the street. So I have to be VERY careful when I do decide to turn up the boost on the street AND track.

Scott I hope to have those numbers soon. I am going to try out things AWD first (at least 60-130) because with taxes coming up I can't afford to go throw my money to Steve @ SJM to build my 17" rear Bogarts just yet. Well I could but the government men may start looking for me and NOBODY wants that! LOL!!! When I do get my drag tires though god help me on my quest for numbers I don't really care to much about ET at the moment since I have stock axles/diff/etc.. but a MPH shows true power at least.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:28 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
That is some incredible power

Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That is one serious setup! Congratulations to all involved.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
What happened between 6K and 7K? Power seemed to taper off and then come back some. Are you comfortable revving that high? Some pretty serious power though, congrats!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:29 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Great numbers, Chris. Smoked all four, that's nuts!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Chris, have you lost your mind? Don't you realize you cannot, under any circumstances, quote flywheel numbers? I warned you bro, the crank hp Police are going to bring you in. I think officer Jitsu is coming after you!!
Congrats on the kit...enjoy it!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
What happened between 6K and 7K? Power seemed to taper off and then come back some. Are you comfortable revving that high? Some pretty serious power though, congrats!
I think Tony could explain this better, but we pulled some timing in that area. He asked if I wanted to add it back and I said I was weary. I may do that later when I tune for pump gas + meth. Plus when Tony asked if I wanted to put some timing back there I had already broken the wire on the EVC VI so I was not able to make any more pulls to see how much it would make a difference.

As far as RPMs I feel pretty comfortable doing it on the dyno and I've used it many of times on the street on my past setup (I've been reving to 7500 for almost a year now) so I'm some what comfortable shifting that high. On the HIGH HIGH amount of power I'm going to try to stay out of that zone with a 27" tire when I get my Bogarts ordered.

Kevin, I almost fell out of my chair just now! It's going to be like the final stand off of Bonny and Clyde when that war begins. I'll be firing everything I have in defense LOL!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Booooooooooooooooooost!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Very impressive numbers on stock bottom end Chris, Congrats!!!! I should not say this to you but be careful

Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Crazy numbers....you consider 21 lbs low boost? Personally I would run this set up on 1, 1.1 bars max 99% of the time and keep the revs under 7k. I bet if you do the car will last a long time.

And it should still make crazy power at those levels. What whp do you extrapolate at 1.1 bars?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Crazy numbers....you consider 21 lbs low boost? Personally I would run this set up on 1, 1.1 bars max 99% of the time and keep the revs under 7k. I bet if you do the car will last a long time.

And it should still make crazy power at those levels. What whp do you extrapolate at 1.1 bars?
With turbos that size, you can figure app. 30 whp difference for every 1/10 BAR.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Final numbers for the Boost Logic 1000hp+ kit