996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL ECU Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:27 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
EPL ECU Tuning

i'm really satisfied with Tony's work, the 72LB injectors along with the ECU has made my car faster and more enjoyable to drive.

there is only one thing i noticed, i have the K24/K26 turbos with the stock wastegates, in my previous tune (speedart) i use to see a constant 1.2 Bar of boost in the digital gauge and 1.3 Bar in colder days, but with EPL's tune maximum i've seen is 1.0 Bar. i would really like to see 1.2 Bar again.
does the ECU need sometime to adapt? any ideas?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:11 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Any thoughts ?????

Old 11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
call tony. im sure that he can get you to 1.2 or higher

Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I will ask him to E-Mail me a modified ECU Program to boost the car back to 1.2-1.3 Bar, that should be a good combination with the new 7200RPM redline.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
do a boost leak test make sure you havent devoloped a leak that is just a coincidence that happened around the time of new injectors n install.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:50 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yes, call Tony and see what boost he is letting you have on that flash. If it IS 1.2 or so, you have a boost leak.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:51 AM
i don't think its a boost leak, because its constant at 0.9-1.0 Bar its not fluctuating by a big margin.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Tony i want those Modded wastegates i think that they will help in sustaining a constant boost through out the RPM range, plus holding out more boost (1.3 Bar).

Does any one know if i will need to reflash after i install the modded wastegates?

Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jalmood
Tony i want those Modded wastegates i think that they will help in sustaining a constant boost through out the RPM range, plus holding out more boost (1.3 Bar).

Does any one know if i will need to reflash after i install the modded wastegates?
You do not have to reflash for new wastegates, unless you are trying to achieve a higher boost than your existing flash is good for, by the same token, you can turn your existing wastegates DOWN and not have to reflash..

Old 11-19-2009, 07:56 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
you mean new / stiffer actuators or really wastegates?

I think you WILL need some reprogramming if the actuators differ very much. ME7 is not designed to reach and hold a certain=defined boost (-> PID Controller)

Old 11-19-2009, 07:58 AM
RS38 has a spectacular aura aboutRS38 has a spectacular aura about
you mean new / stiffer actuators or really wastegates?

I think you WILL need some reprogramming if the actuators differ very much. ME7 is not designed to reach and hold a certain=defined boost (-> PID Controller)

Old 11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
he means adjust the nut on the actuator more or less spring pressure

Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Gents,

Not to take this thread off track but I have a question concering EPL tuning. I am considering the AMS Hybrid K-16 kit that utilizes the EPL tuning. After owning many tuned/modified cars in my day I prefer no drivability issues. I drove my friends modified Audi and he has some serious drivability issues that haven't been resolved with EPL. I want to ensure I am not going to have a dyno queen car that will not drive around town. This is not a flame against EPL, it sounds as if they have a great following, just trying to gather information and I noticed this thread.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btapp
Gents,

Not to take this thread off track but I have a question concering EPL tuning. I am considering the AMS Hybrid K-16 kit that utilizes the EPL tuning. After owning many tuned/modified cars in my day I prefer no drivability issues. I drove my friends modified Audi and he has some serious drivability issues that haven't been resolved with EPL. I want to ensure I am not going to have a dyno queen car that will not drive around town. This is not a flame against EPL, it sounds as if they have a great following, just trying to gather information and I noticed this thread.
Sometimes things are inherent to a car... thus it is hard to remotely diagnose a problem...
Most of use to a good job as far as drivability.... including EPL.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btapp
Gents,

I know the vehicle you are speaking of and had a conversation with the customer less then an hour or so ago. Minus the over boost issue that started with in the last 2 weeks (2+ years after the car was built), he let me know that car is running great.

Let me know if you have any questions concerning EPL tuning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EPL ECU Tuning