996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chasing a 997 GT3 RS !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:25 AM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
Chasing a 997 GT3 RS !!!

2 weeks ago, a little track near my house (it's called Franciacorta) 2,5 km lenght, slow-medium speed ... chasing the GT3 RS (with shorter final gear ratio, modified exhaust, and well aligned from a well known italian Porsche tuner).
Considering that between the 2 cars there are almost 9 years of evolutions all i can say is that the 996 TT has a great base to work on.
My car is K24 equipped, Evoms headers, Forge DV's, Samco boost hoses, Blown 6 coolers, complete 997 TT braking system and GT3 seats but 100% oem coilovers with 100000 km on them !
Toyo R888 with wrong pressures !!!
Hope you enjoy !
First part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un2dtNT8Gsk
Second part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgCaq...eature=related

Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Thumbs up very good driving

Hey thats a real good driving because you don't have a suspension for track.You get a good suspension and you'll be able to beat that GT3 RS whitout a problem.

Congratulations

Old 11-27-2009, 11:22 AM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rdss
Hey thats a real good driving because you don't have a suspension for track.You get a good suspension and you'll be able to beat that GT3 RS whitout a problem.

Congratulations
Thank you ... next year i hope i will have a suspension upgrade, even if i havn't yet decided what to choose (PSS9, KW ...).
And maybe a pair of K24/18 !!!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Agree, looks like a pretty fun track and a little suspension work and you'd be driving right around him.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Is your ECU reflashed? I pass GT3's with my flashed K16's.

Don't buy the PSS9-10's. Too lightly sprung for the track. Ask me how I know.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Was following a GT3 the other day on a public road. The fellow saw me coming and hit it. Had to slam the brakes when I started spooling or I would have rear ended the GT3. They're not that quick...

Old 11-27-2009, 03:49 PM
rgagliano is infamous around these parts
With suspension tuning, you would pass him. I noticed he pulled you exiting corners. Good job.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by rgagliano
With suspension tuning, you would pass him. I noticed he pulled you exiting corners. Good job.
Yes, that's the point ... with original suspensions the difference in cornering and exiting corners is big.
Even if i'm on K24 an reflashed the different corner speed doesn't allow me to catch him in such a short straight ... different story in Monza where in the straight line i can really walk on a 997 GT3 !
Next year, with a suspension tuning we will have a rematch ... probably different ending !!!

Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
ponyboy is infamous around these parts
Chasing a 997 GT3 RS !!!

He had a faster car but you were out driving him in the turns.

Great Job and Good Video!

Pony Boy

Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Nice vid.
If the GT3RS was well driven, you (or me) would not have a chance.
Great to see you are enjoying the track.
Cheers,

MK

Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
very nice! considering you are on stock susp & wrong tire pressure. Im my honest opinion you have to be a very good driver to drive a gt3 to it's full potential. Which many of us aren't myself included but a average driver would fair better around a track in a turbo over a gt3.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I agree with above ^^^^^

Old 11-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Excellent showing, and I look forward to the rematch next year.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 AM
jgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura aboutjgdynamics has a spectacular aura about
wow, that gt3 really has some nice exit speed.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Looks like some fun!

-Nathan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Chasing a 997 GT3 RS !!!