996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FROM 900 hp Audi S4 to 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 AM
davenew is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GURUMAN
Tony, I didnt buy yet, I just said it's my last year with the S4, but first I want my 9 sec run...

I actually am looking for a clean one locally, but no stress over the winter...

Many of us hate to see you go but I guess it's time to move on to bigger and better things. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with a 996.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chris Green
my car has very simple mods but it flys I ran some updated 60-130 times the other day but I won't share them until I take out someones number
I'm guessing that's either mine or Chris' # you're talking about.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Sean these seem to be valid points.
They are actually, mostly invalid. First, Jamie is in no position to evaluate my 1/4 mile experience. True, I have only done it once, mainly because I don't want to break my axle. I have tremendous respect for the skill involved in quarter miling but I would not use my GT2 as a platform. The one time I did a quarter I ran a low 11 on my old K16/GT28 hybrid turbos, about as fast as the time Jamie ran in his Gt30/ full proto GT2.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 12-07-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:13 AM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
Plans have changed, the S4 was parted out this week...

Looking for a clean 996TT over winter, my deadline is to have it March 1rst

Old 12-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Tommy Banh has an incredibly clean example, black w/ 12K on the OD.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:27 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
i second that hes car is very nice his S/N is anthracite

Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...12k-miles.html

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 12-06-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Gsxryder415 is on a distinguished road
nice

Old 12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Tommy Banh has an incredibly clean example, black w/ 12K on the OD.
Tommy's car is awesome. But in all due respect to Tommy, I think Gruman seems like he's going to do a lot of mods to his car. He'd be better off buying an a car that's already somewhat modified and build upon that as upgrades on the TT's can get costly quickly. Tommy's car should go to someone who wants a really clean low mile relatively stock garage queen. But, that's just my opinion which probably isn't worth too much

Old 12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
GURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really niceGURUMAN is just really nice
Plans are this year custom tubular manifolds, with tial turbos 3071's external twin tial 38mm wastegates with dump.

Carbon clutch and a few supporting mods.

Gas over here in Montreal, 94 oct is very good for power.

I did 649 whp on pump at 26 psi on the Audi engine...

I really cant wait to start

Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GURUMAN
Plans are this year custom tubular manifolds, with tial turbos 3071's external twin tial 38mm wastegates with dump.

Carbon clutch and a few supporting mods.

Gas over here in Montreal, 94 oct is very good for power.

I did 649 whp on pump at 26 psi on the Audi engine...

I really cant wait to start
In my opinion, go with the Tial 3076's over the 71's. If you're going that big, you may as well go with the better turbo that also still leaves room for more upgrading if you decide to go into the motor at a later date, which by looking at what you've done with the S4, you eventually will Do some search's, i think you'll see the advantages the 76's have over the 71's. Also, on your list should be larger intercoolers.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
In my opinion, go with the Tial 3076's over the 71's. If you're going that big, you may as well go with the better turbo that also still leaves room for more upgrading if you decide to go into the motor at a later date, which by looking at what you've done with the S4, you eventually will Do some search's, i think you'll see the advantages the 76's have over the 71's. Also, on your list should be larger intercoolers.
I understand but I'm a bit lost in the 71's or 76' beecause in the Audi world,

my numbers were achieved with a pair of 28rs on a 3.0L engine.

The tial 770 witch is a bil smaller than a 71, will outflow it.

About 47 lbs a turbo, good for more than 900hp

I'm not sure of going that big, but I'm willing to bring my previous benchmarks achieved on the other side...

Old 12-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Tommy's car is awesome. But in all due respect to Tommy, I think Gruman seems like he's going to do a lot of mods to his car. He'd be better off buying an a car that's already somewhat modified and build upon that as upgrades on the TT's can get costly quickly. Tommy's car should go to someone who wants a really clean low mile relatively stock garage queen. But, that's just my opinion which probably isn't worth too much
When you say somewhat modified you are probably talking about 24/18 or smaller/mid level turbo and 5 bar plus exhaust. A car like that would probably have an upgraded organic clutch. It would also be possibly beat upon.

Since he would have to replace all of those mods if his goal is to build the fastest 996 based car he can, I would instead start w/ a stock car that is less likely to have been abused, but that is just my approach.

We are seeing that a stock block,if done right can fairly safely produce in excess of 700 whp.

There were a couple of very good cars (the GT2's recently picked up by Eric and Scott...ironically the GT2 was jamies old car) w/ full 700 whp packages already on them but I don't know of anything like that for sale right now.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
I agree with ScottK. id deffinately go with 3076's and 44mm wastegates , thats what all the big horsepower guys are running anyways me included..

Is the gas in Canada diluted with ethanol as it is here in the states ?

Old 12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
They are actually, mostly invalid. First, Jamie is in no position to evaluate my 1/4 mile experience. True, I have only done it once, mainly because I don't want to break my axle. I have tremendous respect for the skill involved in quarter miling but I would not use my GT2 as a platform. The one time I did a quarter I ran a low 11 on my old K16/GT28 hybrid turbos. I believe that beat the time Jamie ran in his Gt30/ full proto GT2.

The 7 second Supra run was done by a ringer Jamie brought to drive his car. I drive my own cars.
Post your timeslip Sean...I posted my 11.1 with a 2.2 60 years ago. You don't know how to launch your car hard enough to break an axle.

Brought in a ringer to drive my Supra? Again, you have no clue what you're talking about. Nobody has ever driven my Supra on the track but me. I have more 7 second passes than all your 60-130 attempts....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FROM 900 hp Audi S4 to 996 TT